Sorry if it's been asked before

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
next months expenditure just been added too

was planning beer taps, a load more disconnects and a multi way co2 regulator...damn list gets bigger...

All in barrel and going into shed tomorrow. I put primming syrup in and alls fine. If i want to bottle some do i need to put any sugar in the bottle as i have primmed the barrel? Just thought that a few old keo bottles filled with my brew thenput in my beer fridge for a few weeks would be good.

Ta.

Daz

I've had success bottling a few from the just primed brew in the barrel before sealing. (eg. siphon beer onto sugar using a piece of pipe in the barrel, then siphoning from this to bottles).

You're probably best not to disturb what's started in the barrel, and accept you'll be barrel only for this brew*.

Someone else with more experience may be able to offer a solution though.

* I did try to bottle some of my Amber Ale when the barrel was going flat (just over halfway down), priming bottles and pouring on top, the bottles have turned out well, but I got several glugs into the barrel which has spoiled the beer I left in there - should've bottled everything or nothing. :doh:

Am i ok using the empty keo beer bottles once sterilised. They are 630 ml so i recokon 4gms of sugar per bottle.

Ta

:cheers:

Hi is it best to put sugar in each bottle to prime or mix the exact amount in the fermenter and mix then bottle.... I'm going to transfer into another fermenter with tap to do this.

Many thanks

Latest posts

Back