Sourcing Co2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gggsss

Reaction score
Hello all.

I've decided to start kegging. Got some kit ordered just need to get me hands on some Co2. Problem is I've no idea how to approach this. From modest research online it doesn't seem as straight forward as I hoped and quite a bit of agg. Was looking at getting a decent sized bottle but struggling to figure out how to procure my first bottle and subsequent refills.

I'm based around the Surrey/South London area (but do work around the whole of London), so any specific suggestions would be appreciated. But general info would be a massive help.

A million thanks in advance.....

I use Hobbyweld. They aren’t the cheapest (about £65-£70 deposit and £35-£40 a bottle swap) but they have agents all over the U.K. (I have 5 within a 45min drive)

Any Air Liquide agent if in your area, similar to Mick deposit wise but maybe a little cheaper on refill-6.35Kg size but not much in it

No they are a deposit on the bottle and then you buy the gas as a refill same as Hobbyweld athumb..

Go to your nearest bar. Ask where they get their gas from and how much they pay.

I live in rural Wales and that's what I did. Thr pun said they get it from local coal man, pay £24 and offered me a bottle. I have been going straight to the coal man and get it same price and no increase despite national price going up

Hello all.

I've decided to start kegging. Got some kit ordered just need to get me hands on some Co2. Problem is I've no idea how to approach this. From modest research online it doesn't seem as straight forward as I hoped and quite a bit of agg. Was looking at getting a decent sized bottle but struggling to figure out how to procure my first bottle and subsequent refills.

I'm based around the Surrey/South London area (but do work around the whole of London), so any specific suggestions would be appreciated. But general info would be a massive help.

Can't go wrong with Adams gas !

Thanks for all the replies. Loads of helpful info. I’ll just start asking about then….

When I speak to welding suppliers, I assume I need to ask for food grade Co2? Hopefully last question…

Thanks in advance

Thanks for all the replies. Loads of helpful info. I’ll just start asking about then….

When I speak to welding suppliers, I assume I need to ask for food grade Co2? Hopefully last question…

Thanks in advance
Yes that’s the one

Thanks in advance
The ordering process is crystal clear on Adams gas website.
All types of gas including home bar. Nitro CO2 mix. Whatever you need.

I started using Adams gas but for refills now just go direct. Same price but easier to just strike up a direct relationship with the supplier and deal directly.

Hello all.

I get Adams Gas via Eltham Welding, £7 delivery. Went for the 3.15kg bottle.

If you're South West London there's a supplier a bit closer (Twickenham) Welcome to C.G & W Young Limited

Eltham were great. Delivery took a couple of days.

Boss gas Wigan one off deposit £33-00 refill, Tygas Bury £50-00 annual deposit £19-50 refill, i have both my bottle from Tygas is still showing 500psi on the reg and my 12 months is up next month or i might weigh it then decide £19-50 is not to be sniffed at these days, so if you live in this area take your pick, and they both deliver, forgot if you take the Tygas one back within the 12 months the deposit rolls over

Last edited:
Back