Spotless water

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure it's the latter and the processing apparatus is built within the shipping container. For new sites they require connection for power and water.

Window cleaners, car detailers etc must go through a huge amount.

I'm pretty sure it's the latter and the processing apparatus is built within the shipping container. For new sites they require connection for power and water.

Window cleaners, car detailers etc must go through a huge amount.
Makes sense, otherwise I imagine they'd be delivering constantly.
It must be quite an overhead to maintain the filters and equipment though.
On occasions, the one near me has been dispensing for free while they sort out "technical issues", which does make me hope the issues do not affect the quality of the water being dispensed.

I suspect it’s a byproduct of other industrial processes and rather than flushing it down the drain as waste they try to sell it on. It’s cost of production has already been covered and spottless probably get it for free as it takes the problem of disposal off the hands of the producers.

The water is processed "on-site"....the "shipping containers" are just large RO systems taking a feed off the local water supply...there is no reprocessing of waste water from other industries..

The stations are remotely monitored by Spotless who can see usage levels and monitor "filter health" (for want of a better phrase) and other aspects of the system.

The window cleaners who I have seen use this system are sticking 100's of litres into their tanks on their vans....utterly dwarfs us brewers meagre usage.

Spotless are happy to answer all these types of questions and more at their "open/launch days".

Took the Missus on a trip to restock with Spotless (no end of excitement in this household) and put her in charge of filling while I carried 5 litre water bottles back and forward to/from the car. She enjoyed it :D. When I told her that we had 55 litres in the bottles but had dispensed 58 (so she'd spilled 3 litres) she said she wanted to come next time and improve her score.

When I told her that we had 55 litres in the bottles but had dispensed 58 (so she'd spilled 3 litres) she said she wanted to come next time and improve her score.

Shes not daft, given the choice between fill and carry which would you go for.

Back