Spring time Honey beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigYan

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Another random odd (and probably stupid) question.

I was reading a thread about spring tipples & what people are thinking of setting off. Someone mentioned Honey Ale and it got me thinking.

Would it be possible/recommended to convert a standard extract beer kit into a honey ale. I have a spare John Bull IPA laying around, would this be suitable. If not, any ideas are welcome :P

Thanks

BY

ive got 2 john bull IPA kits to brew next, i was thinking of throwing both tins in the one brew but others have advised the kit with one can turns out pretty good so i'll brew both tins separately and get double the beer. i didnt really notice any change in taste with the coopers lager when brewing with sugar/ brown sugar./ honey so i doubt its gna be much of a difference with this kit, probably a waste of money buying honey when you can buy sugar cheaper. ive been advised to brew it down though, its my next planned brew in the keg so i might brew it down to 18 litres. might give one a try with normal white sugar and the other with brown sugar and keg them both to see if theres a difference. ive got maple syrip in the house aswell but craigtube wasnt too impressed with the maple syrup brew so might dodge it! let us know how u get on sheriff

LOL, I was gonna brew 2 of the John Bull tins together but decided not to bother after reading that thread too, hence the one spare can ^^.
I have brewed down to 20l with white sugar. Has been in the keg for 3 days so far. I will let you know how it works out.

BigYan said:
LOL, I was gonna brew 2 of the John Bull tins together but decided not to bother after reading that thread too, hence the one spare can ^^.
I have brewed down to 20l with white sugar. Has been in the keg for 3 days so far. I will let you know how it works out.
cool cheers, you got it in the cornie or king keg?

Latest posts

Back