Ss kettle +induction vs braumeister

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrannBrew

Damo Brann
Reaction score
After a few recent purchases (keg, fixtures/fittings and a 60L cool box) and with the intention on buying a braumeister I've thought about keeping my existing fermenter bucket and bottling setup staggering the costs and building my wish list setup over time.

My thought now comes to if I actually need the braumeister and would something like a Ss brewtech kettle and induction hob be fine for newer kit(because my cooker top isn't really powerful or controlable enough).

I've always liked the idea of a braumeister for a few reasons, the set it and forget kind of feeling and not having to pot watch out of necessity and to have the feeling that my brewdays are going to be more consistent without after every brew thinking all throughout fermenting that I did something that messed it up only to find that its turned out better than I expected.

It's a heafty price tag however I am a techno geek and am quite often finding myself needing to other things/jobs.

One thing I'd like to ask is that what would the advantages be for a kettle setup over the
braumeister.

A 10Gallon SS Brewtech and an Induction Hob will set you back between £250 and £300 new, so there's the first 1000 or so advantages over a Braumeister.

It is though like comparing apples with oranges, as the Braumeister is designed to do everything bar fermentation in one controlled unit. I can see the advantages for those who want that and are are able to afford it.

Remember an SS kettle will have a reasonable second hand value and a decent induction hob will be an attractive purchase to a fellow brewer looking for second hand. You could always pass them on if the automated route became irresistible.

I was thinking of saving for Braumeister but I've decided to go down the ss and induction route. Get it in bits when I can afford is much more feasible for me

One thing I will say about the SS Brewtech kettles - They are very heavy! Weighty on their own, I'm not ashamed to admit it's a struggle to lift and pour my Sparge water (less than half full) into my mash Tun. If you suffer with a bad back or shoulder, be aware!

Having looked at loads of videos I would say the Ss and induction hob is the route forward especially if you have a garage, where you can brew, make a mess, and don't run the risk of burning the house down with a gas burner. I think its a neat solution but both products will cost about #350 together. Hope that helps.

So after much deliberating and annoying the wife I've decided not to go the route of a braumeister, but gradually buy my equipment once I have my processes on AG brew days nailed down. Besides my next brew day (see below) has more grains that the 10l version could take.

My 1st new piece is a SS Brewtech Brewmaster Bucket. Thought a really decent fermentor was the first port of call. I think this will help me greatly, I have never really got clear hydro readings in my old plastic bucket and transferring into bottling bucket has at times been a bit awkward. Also the option to upgrade it with a FTSS is really appealing later down the line.

I have also got a copper chiller now, instead of freezing multiple ice cream containers the night before. Both I think are really key to make my beer that next run of the ladder.

So this equipment needs to be christened.

So after much deliberating and annoying the wife I've decided not to go the route of a braumeister, but gradually buy my equipment once I have my processes on AG brew days nailed down. Besides my next brew day (see below) has more grains that the 10l version could take.

My 1st new piece is a SS Brewtech Brewmaster Bucket. Thought a really decent fermentor was the first port of call. I think this will help me greatly, I have never really got clear hydro readings in my old plastic bucket and transferring into bottling bucket has at times been a bit awkward. Also the option to upgrade it with a FTSS is really appealing later down the line.

I have also got a copper chiller now, instead of freezing multiple ice cream containers the night before. Both I think are really key to make my beer that next run of the ladder.

So this equipment needs to be christened.

Enjoy the Brewmaster Bucket! It's next on my list. My Birthday is the end of next Month, so I'm asking for cold hard cash to put towards it :-)

Enjoy the Brewmaster Bucket! It's next on my list. My Birthday is the end of next Month, so I'm asking for cold hard cash to put towards it :-)

Thanks, can't wait to use it on Friday. Looks really ace. Probably didn't need the Brewmaster edition but the extra perk of the thermowell hopefully will stop the sleepless nights guessing what the temp actually is inside. Ok so not quite sleepless nights but I do say goodnight to it.

Latest posts

Back