STC1000 Brew Fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timfuller

Reaction score
So, a day in the shed and here is the end result....

photo.jpg
[/url]

STC1000 control unit, Old Fridge and 1ft Greenhouse heater.

My Coopers Brewmaster Irish Stout is sitting in there at 21c.....

:drink:

Don't want to worry you Tim but the instructions on my heater said it must be mounted horizontally as may pose a fire risk mounted vertically.
Good job though easy brewing from now on! :hat;

P.s. Shut the door!

Don't want to worry you Tim but the instructions on my heater said it must be mounted horizontally as may pose a fire risk mounted vertically.
Good job though easy brewing from now on! :hat;

P.s. Shut the door!

Doh.... Well spotted, and yes you are correct. Maybe i should RTFM... !

Will reposition that today.

I am now in the good books with SWMBO as this moved outside, have not told her yet that the next project is a Kegerator thats going in the house...:whistle:

PS - Photo might not have looked too good with door shut :wink:

I've been looking to get a stc, are they pretty simple to set up and attach to your fridge?

Peace.

Yes they are pretty simple if you have a basic understanding of electrics. There are also lots of build videos on YouTube.

The hardest bit was cutting the holes in the project box.

Just watch out though as I have seen people talking about 2 different ways of wiring them up. My advice would be to follow the instructions actually printed on the STC1000 unit its self.

I used this wiring diagram http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt234/eoinlayton/Beer/STC1000Wiring_zps91a30666.jpg

As I said above just make sure the "heat" and "Cool" are the right way round for your STC1000.

Just give me a shout if you have any more questions and will try to help.

:hat:

Doh.... Well spotted, and yes you are correct. Maybe i should RTFM... !

Will reposition that today.

I am now in the good books with SWMBO as this moved outside, have not told her yet that the next project is a Kegerator thats going in the house...:whistle:

PS - Photo might not have looked too good with door shut :wink:

Done... Thanks a lot Monte Cristo, you might have just saved me from watching the Brew Shed burn to the ground....:doh:
photo1.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]

Thanks for the information Tim, I will certainly refer back to your information when I have everything together to start my own fermentation fridge/chamber.

Sorry for the late thankyou I don't have all the time in the world at the moment.

Peace.

Back