Stevie123s brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'd taste it and decide from that. I can't tell you from here! Citra is more yellow citrus, Amarillo orange citrus. Taste a small sample and decide which you want to add to, or both.

Ideally probably a mix of the two hops, but either one would be absolutely fine. Keeping the Amarillo sealed makes sense, but you may be using it all soon anyway?!

Yeah think I will prob do a simcoe Amarillo citra one soon. But have a bag of Pacific gem to try to and wanting to get nelson leaf not pellets ideally and do a brew using those 3. I've a simcoe sat in the fridge for later. Yum!!

If I wuz you, and I'm not (obviously!), I would do a Simcoe/Amarillo, and do something separate with Citra. A citra single hop beer is lovely. All three hops are great on their own, to be fair. I would bitter a Citra beer with something else though, Simcoe is fine, or your Zeus, or Chinook. Or Challenger.

Dead pony club is Simcoe,Citra and Mosaic and one of my favourite beers!

I've a few hops to go at now. Don't think I'm a big of fuggels. But rest I'm liking. Notes the dead pony hops. It's really nice that. Mosaic may be on the shopping list now I know that.

I mix up my brewing a bit. Make pale ales with USA hops, sometimes NZ hops, make some with English/European hops, make an occasional stout or porter. Maybe a brown ale, possibly with USA hops. Variety - the spice of life.

That's handy to know. Will see what I can do. And then get it tweeked by far superior brains on here. The smell of that pint on Friday was lovely. My mouths watering now.

Let me know if you do and what it's like. I'm just playing with ideas. Think I like the sound of the hops. Grains I've no idea really what that would end up like.

That looks great. I would just bitter with Simcoe instead of Citra myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back