Stevie123s brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just have Simcoe at 60 minutes. No Citra. And keep everything else the same.

Having said that thank god its bank holiday weekend as i have 4 fvs to bottle :oops: my friends keep saying can you brew that one again or could you brew something different they love my beer thanks to the nice chaps on here, On a good side though they say il gave u 20 pounds for a batch i love making it its not about the money so if its costs me say 10 to make it i donate the rest to cancer research a charity very close to my heart

What you reckon to the grains?

The grains look good. 9% crystal and 9% Munich is good.

What are you doing with the 0 mins hops? Steep, or are they dry hops?

Again, I'd leave the Citra out, personally, and do something else with it. Simcoe will cut through the malt, and Amarillo will provide a nice fruity roundness on top. I like Citra in pale beers and I'm less sure in maltier, darker beers. But that's just me, and I'm undecided really. It might be a masterstroke, so take no notice of me. It certainly won't ruin it!

The grains look good. 9% crystal and 9% Munich is good.

What are you doing with the 0 mins hops? Steep, or are they dry hops?

Again, I'd leave the Citra out, personally, and do something else with it. Simcoe will cut through the malt, and Amarillo will provide a nice fruity roundness on top. I like Citra in pale beers. But that's just me. It might be a masterstroke, so take no notice of me. It certainly won't ruin it!
Clibit ive never used Munich Malt before excuse me what does it bring to the table so to speak ?

Be careful, cos steeping that many high AA hops can significantly increase the bitterness, when Beersmith will assume no bitterness from those hops. Make sure you cool to 80C before you add them.

Clibit ive never used Munich before excuse me what does it bring to the table so to speak ?

Munich is a rich malty grain. It will increase the maltiness of the beer basically. Add to the richness. You can overdo it. But 9% is fine, 10% is a common amount. Alongside 9% crystal you are giving the beer a malty sweetness - but then contrasting that with a lot of hops. So it wil be a rich, malty beer with piney Simcoe hops and fruity Amarillo hops. The Citra will accentuate the more yellow kind of citrus flavour, and add to the aroma. I think the Amarillo and Simcoe are enough, but I wouldn't put anyone off trying the three way combo.

I was going to drop to 80 then lob them all I for 15 months. Cooling down to pitching temp. So would crystal be on or should I do caramalt again. If didn't have caramalt on beersmith so chose that instead.

I have got to up the production rate! Going to be lean on beer for a couple of weeks:-(

I was going to drop to 80 then lob them all I for 15 months. Cooling down to pitching temp. So would crystal be on or should I do caramalt again. If didn't have caramalt on beersmith so chose that instead.

You can use either, or a mixture.

I am not much of a porter or a stout drinker but I fancy giving them a go probably later on in the year!
I will call on your recipe when I get round to it,cheers steve.
What I need is a good honest bitter! And lots of it!

I'll stick with what it says at min and give it a whirl. Roll on brew day. Will use yeast from this brew again too I reckon in it.

I am not much of a porter or a stout drinker but I fancy giving them a go probably later on in the year!
I will call on your recipe when I get round to it,cheers steve.
What I need is a good honest bitter! And lots of it!
Theres only 2 brews i would not do again on this thread enjoyed them all apart from these the tt landlord something went so wrong to this day i still have 20 bottles lol and the czech budvar larger this turned out ok but if i did do it again id up the hops big style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back