Stevie123s brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway this brings another question into the recipe,
It states add a few Golding hop cones for dry hopping!
How many is a few :-D
I have been dry hopping with boat loads lately dont want to over do it

Love London Pride. Still can't make a decent clone though. I'm culturing up some Fullers yeast at the mo from a bottle of 1845,so when that's done might have another go at the clone

Love London Pride. Still can't make a decent clone though. I'm culturing up some Fullers yeast at the mo from a bottle of 1845,so when that's done might have another go at the clone

Im loving the fullers beers, thats my question about dry hopping dont want to spoil it

Fullers add some hops to each cask but I doubt that they dry hop the bottled version.

I think it's personal choice. A small dry hop will give the aroma a bit more. Breweries add some hops to casks so that you get that hop whiff when you start your pint in the pub. It doesn't alter the beer much.

A couple of months ago when I was kit brewing, I thought dry hopping was the bees knees. It was when I was drinking the beer a fortnight after bottling (or earlier) but after a six week layover, I'm buggered if I can get the same hit from it. It vanishes as the beer matures, or seems to, unless I just can't detect the odour of citra anymore.

A couple of months ago when I was kit brewing, I thought dry hopping was the bees knees. It was when I was drinking the beer a fortnight after bottling (or earlier) but after a six week layover, I'm buggered if I can get the same hit from it. It vanishes as the beer matures, or seems to, unless I just can't detect the odour of citra anymore.

Drink it faster Tony:-D and yes i think most would agree it does vanish after time, i have found if i want that hop hit drink it young, how ever some beers develop over time for different reasons

Made this today

The Mash
Mash schedule 60 mins

Pale Malt 2590 g
Flaked Barley 740g
Roasted Barley 370g

The Boil
Boil time 90 mins

Target Hops 29 g (had to swap to Admiral)
Irish Moss 3g

So i decided to do a no chill brew, as its so dark anyway,came in from work today lifted the lid to pitch the yeast :shock: a 2 inch Krausen

That's well weird! Did you leave some sediment behind in the FV?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back