Stevie123s brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do none of the online shops export to Japan ? or is it the taxes involved

None. I've contacted three or four shops both in the States and in your neck of the woods. Nothing!!!
I've even been trying to get that FV that is cone shaped.... It collects the yeast at the bottom... FastFermentor or something like that. Little pricey but having one mounted on the wall would be cool for big batches.

None. I've contacted three or four shops both in the States and in your neck of the woods. Nothing!!!
I've even been trying to get that FV that is cone shaped.... It collects the yeast at the bottom... FastFermentor or something like that. Little pricey but having one mounted on the wall would be cool for big batches.

Im quite friendly with my LHBS i will ask them if they would ship to Japan for you next time im in :thumb:

Thanks. That would be great!

Just had a quick look on the Royal Mail site for a package around the size of 5 mini kegs it would cost 40 something pounds to send :doh:, Like i said i will ask at my LHBS and check some carriers out for there fees:thumb:

Here it is, 30 min. in the mash.

14 liter brew
1.6 kg Pilsner
900 g Pale malt
900 g Crystal 30
300 g Chocolate

Mashing 9.6 liters @66 degrees 60min.
Hops
21g Cascade 60 min
21g Cascade 30 min
14.7 g Cascade 10 min
14 g Irish Moss 10 min

Take 1 liter wort boil with 20 g orange peel 10 min

1 liter wort boil 15 g ginger 10 min.

S33 ale yeast.

Any input?

Here is the yeast.. just prepped this morning and it is going nuts!!! strong little guys!!!
The other is yesterday's brew.

Photo 12-31-15, 9 49 56 AM.jpg

Photo 12-30-15, 3 33 57 PM.jpg

I put those jars of yeast on the ceiling and told gravity to take a hike!!!!

Here it is, 30 min. in the mash.

14 liter brew
1.6 kg Pilsner
900 g Pale malt
900 g Crystal 30
300 g Chocolate

Mashing 9.6 liters @66 degrees 60min.
Hops
21g Cascade 60 min
21g Cascade 30 min
14.7 g Cascade 10 min
14 g Irish Moss 10 min

Take 1 liter wort boil with 20 g orange peel 10 min

1 liter wort boil 15 g ginger 10 min.

S33 ale yeast.

Any input?

Too much crystal, chocolate and Irish moss. I'd cut the hops too.

It turned out well. Really shot it short. 1.041. The ginger tastes good. Not much orange. I guess the chocolate was too much.

It turned out well. Really shot it short. 1.041. The ginger tastes good. Not much orange. I guess the chocolate was too much.

That's a low OG for that much grain. How did you sparge and how much water did you use?

Yes. My aim was 1.058. No where near!!! I sparged 11 liters but ran into an issue when starting. My strainer was too small for that much grain so I had to make one on the fly. So lost 20 min. But a lot more sugars were still draining after sparge. But I had hit the 17.5 liter mark!!!
After boil, hit my 14.5 liter mark right on the money. So I had a sparge issue. The new bowl setup is a lot better so next time I'll be able to slow sparge and I ordered another 33 liter pot so, if need, can fly sparge in that as well.
Ordered a gravity spectrometer as well. Hate pulling 100 ml just to check gravity each time.

It's going to be the first session stout!!!! Hahaha.

Steve, what do you use to cool your wort? Currently I use my really large bathtub filled with ice water. I keep my STC sensor in right after boil to sanitize. That way I can watch the temp as I'm cooling. However, I'm thinking about getting a wort plate chiller. They're cheaper to ship to Japan than a coil type.

Yes. My aim was 1.058. No where near!!! I sparged 11 liters but ran into an issue when starting. My strainer was too small for that much grain so I had to make one on the fly. So lost 20 min. But a lot more sugars were still draining after sparge. But I had hit the 17.5 liter mark!!!
After boil, hit my 14.5 liter mark right on the money. So I had a sparge issue. The new bowl setup is a lot better so next time I'll be able to slow sparge and I ordered another 33 liter pot so, if need, can fly sparge in that as well.
Ordered a gravity spectrometer as well. Hate pulling 100 ml just to check gravity each time.

It's going to be the first session stout!!!! Hahaha.

How do you mash and sparge? We can maybe work out how to improve your efficiency. Possibly use half the water in the mash and then do a second 'mash' in your new pot, at sparge temperature, for 10-15 minutes. Then combine the two mash liquids.

Speaking of mashes, has Steve fallen into his mash tun and mashed himself?

How do you mash and sparge? We can maybe work out how to improve your efficiency. Possibly use half the water in the mash and then do a second 'mash' in your new pot, at sparge temperature, for 10-15 minutes. Then combine the two mash liquids.

Speaking of mashes, has Steve fallen into his mash tun and mashed himself?

Negative Clibit Steve has been quite poorly, Back now though:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back