Storm Ciaran

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are in the eye at the moment, pressure is 95 something, the lowest I've seen it. The rain was torrential earlier. Absolutely not a breath of wind at the moment.
Indeed. Cornwall is right in the eye as you say: Global Wind Map.
Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 00.50.09.png

All quiet here in Northern Ireland at the moment too.

Last edited:
Our forecast has changed from vert heavy rain all day to no rain and 16 mph max wind I hope they are right for a change.

In Brittany, 1.2m people without electricity, no trains in Hauts de France (somewhere between Paris and the Belgian border), no trains to the Belgian coast here in West-Flanders. Heavy gales, but not much rain here, but it is forecasted to go on until late in the evening today.

If autumn was normal, this would be one which blew all the leaves from the trees. As it is, my apple trees and the fig tree still have all green leaves.

In Brittany, 1.2m people without electricity, no trains in Hauts de France (somewhere between Paris and the Belgian border), no trains to the Belgian coast here in West-Flanders. Heavy gales, but not much rain here, but it is forecasted to go on until late in the evening today.

If autumn was normal, this would be one which blew all the leaves from the trees. As it is, my apple trees and the fig tree still have all green leaves.
Here in the sunny south of Brittany, we still have electricity, but no internet. 3G drops in and out now and again. Bit if a blow most of the early hours with gusts around 110 kph. Sunny this morning, but the wind has picked up again. No noticeable damage as yet. To be honest, I've seen worse. I agree with @chthon about the leaves which are just beginning to turn but are by no means down yet. In spite of that it felt as if autumn was starting early this year.
Nothing for it, but to get a brew on.
I'm having to sit here like a melon waiting for the "connexion rétablie" message before pressing the post button.

Here in South Lancs we have had just rain over night, at the moment there is no wind at all, hope all down south are safe and well
Not too far from you in South Cumbria we have had a few very heavy showers it was also windy earlier but not gale force both have now died down but it looks like we could get more rain as the clouds are very dark.

I feel sorry for the southerners the ones on 5 live earlier said it's a nightmare one was asleep in his camper on a site got up to have a P and a tree came through the roof and landed where he was asleep.

Last edited:
Back