Summer Brew and Swap - British Golden Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi @Alastair70 , your beer bottle arrived but the beer must have leaked out from somewhere 😭

Don’t worry about sending a replacement unless you really want to, I have a good stock of beers between the swap and competition!

10DFFFF4-AD6F-4E8C-8FCC-D3D6255448BE.jpeg

Hi @Alastair70 , your beer bottle arrived but the beer must have leaked out from somewhere 😭

Don’t worry about sending a replacement unless you really want to, I have a good stock of beers between the swap and competition!

View attachment 73885
Oops, it looks like theres been some trauma to the packaging that has resulted in a leak! Sorry about that.
I'm bottling the BrewCon Hefeweizen entry this weekend. I'll send you one of those as a replacement once it's carbed up. That'll give you a couple of weeks to clear the decks in between:beer1:

I’m 3 for 3 now as @Alastair70 beer has just arrived! Many thanks A!

If I’m feeling better my plan is to have one on Friday, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. I will have them in the order they arrived so they all have time to settle.

Thanks again everyone and I really hope my sendees find my one drinkable. 😬

I've just sent mine out 1st class; post office gentleman informed me that Royal Mail workers are on strike tomorrow, and obviously it is a bank holiday on Monday (they won't go out until then). So I hope you get them soon!
Also worth mentioning they are bottle conditioned, so chuck em in the fridge for a few days. Apologies for lateness... Family life hasn't allowed me to prioritise this before today.

I've just sent mine out 1st class; post office gentleman informed me that Royal Mail workers are on strike tomorrow, and obviously it is a bank holiday on Monday (they won't go out until then). So I hope you get them soon!
Also worth mentioning they are bottle conditioned, so chuck em in the fridge for a few days. Apologies for lateness... Family life hasn't allowed me to prioritise this before today.
Nothing yet ☹️

So I understand from one of the other recipients. I promise I sent them! I'm really disappointed and I just hope they are delayed and not lost for good. If they aren't received, I'll send you a bonus Hefewiezen each, sadly I have no more of the golden ale.
I don't know how all three could go AWOL. I'll go and see the local PO where I posted them, and see if he can shed any light.
I can only apologise.

So I understand from one of the other recipients. I promise I sent them! I'm really disappointed and I just hope they are delayed and not lost for good. If they aren't received, I'll send you a bonus Hefewiezen each, sadly I have no more of the golden ale.
I don't know how all three could go AWOL. I'll go and see the local PO where I posted them, and see if he can shed any light.
I can only apologise.

Mystery solved looks like our striking friends at the post office damaged the packaging in transit and repackaged it in a flimsy plastic bag with an apology note. No wonder the postie left it on the doorstep and made a swift retreat before I could get to the front door.
That said the bottle appears to have survived even though it looks like a NEIPA
A rest in the fridge should put it right

Latest posts

Back