Summer Brew and Swap - NZ Pale Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alastair70

In need of constant supervision
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apologies to all, I’ve been a bit tardy in announcing this one. It’s a bit of a loose style and doesn’t yet have a specific mention in BJCP but the Brewers Association do cover it.
Plan will be to swap at end of August, or possibly early September given my late announcement and the fact the holiday Season is upon us.
It‘s up to the brewer as to how hoppy you go, I think my planned recipe is somewhere between a Pale and an IPA. The important thing is to showcase delicious NZ hops.

https://www.brewersassociation.org/edu/brewers-association-beer-style-guidelines/#180

I'm drinking one at the moment with Moutere and Moteuka, it's a great
summer style.
Got plenty of NZ hops in stock and some CML Pia to try so might
give this a go.

I'm up for this one. Need to get back on the horse as brew days have been few and far between recently.

I brewed the CML Maori Mingle too - the keg was delicious but my bottled stock quickly oxidised. 😢 need to invest in a counter pressure bottle filter methinks.

Apologies to all, I’ve been a bit tardy in announcing this one. It’s a bit of a loose style and doesn’t yet have a specific mention in BJCP but the Brewers Association do cover it.
Plan will be to swap at end of August, or possibly early September given my late announcement and the fact the holiday Season is upon us.
It‘s up to the brewer as to how hoppy you go, I think my planned recipe is somewhere between a Pale and an IPA. The important thing is to showcase delicious NZ hops.

https://www.brewersassociation.org/edu/brewers-association-beer-style-guidelines/#180

I’ll have a go at this too if you don’t mind please 🍻

I'm really tempted by this one, will just have to see how time goes. Loved the Moari Mingle I made from CML so I'd go for a hop bomb😂
Loved the Moari mingle from CML ,i bottled half a batch of blonde ale then dry hopped the rest for 48hrs with a small 25g of MM hops, not sure if this is the done thing but it turned out to be a cracking pint

Mines finished at 1.011 for 5.3% so overshot by a bit, I was expecting 4.7%, going to cold crash tomorrow and keg at the weekend.

56E715A4-22F5-4F39-8B5D-4D881411F5DE.jpeg

Once I’d let it settle it was quite clear so hoping for a decent drop from this.

Would love to have a go at this one as well!

I can't really start mine until payday (last working day of month) so it'll only be 4 weeks old or so when we send - but if I make it on the lower end of the ABV scale it might condition quicker. I've found leaving it at room temp for longer helps too.

Latest posts

Back