Super Cheap Syphon Pump and filter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OliH

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• s-l225.jpg
    s-l225.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 88
Tried one. The filter is good but the beer bubbles through it too much.

Hi, has anyone used this type of syphon or got any thoughts?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Home-Bre...ad-Siphon-Filter-Tube-Long-2M-TT/222926543392

I've just had one turn up today, they only cost a couple of quid and come with a fine metal filter, so thought I'd give it a go. Not used it yet and will update this once I have. Only problem I can see at the moment is cleaning it!
I had a couple they are very hard to clean. I ended up taking the pump part off. Going to upgrade to an auto Syphon

I had a couple they are very hard to clean. I ended up taking the pump part off. Going to upgrade to an auto Syphon

After looking at it I'll probably do the same, it was the filter I liked the look of, might try and incorporate it into my old standard syphon as I find a hop sock clogs up.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news at least its only £3 lost if it doesn't work for you.
There was thread about these posted a while ago a few members bought them and i think they all ended up binning them.

Last edited:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news at least its only £3 lost if it doesn't work for you.
There was thread about these posted a while ago a few members bought them and i think they all ended up binning them.

Bought one. Don't use it any more.

Hard to clean once you get build up inside the pump part and as the pump doesn't really fill up I feel as though it could possibly cause oxygenation.

The filters are good though and I swear by em.

I'll probably be burned at the stake but I wouldn't bother with an auto siphon either, just use your mouth - she'll be right

I'll probably be burned at the stake but I wouldn't bother with an auto siphon either, just use your mouth - she'll be right

I have always used a short piece of syphon tube and a syphon tap which i connect to the end of the long syphon tube from the FV to get it started.

Latest posts

Back