Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I was just about to post and tell everyone that I had just put on an all juice, no water, WOW variant, but I just realised my noob error: I've used pomegranate and blueberry juice drink NOT 100% juice, so I guess that does not count as a full juice brew. :-?
Oh well, I might try a full juice next time.
Meanwhile here's a pic of my ingredients for a RGJ and pomegranate and blueberry WOW.
1L RGJ, plus about 3.5L P&B juice drink, 500g sugar (~1Kg including juice), plus the usual suspects.
Recipe adapted from someone on this forum (apologies for not remembering where I read it :oops:).

IMG_2271.JPG

Bottled my second go at Chippy Tea Rose. Used Don Simon pressed RGJ and everything else as in the recipe.
Looked gorgeous and totally clear at bottling. However a couple of hours after bottling all the wine has developed a bit of a cloud that is still there 2 days later.
I used pectolase so not sure. If it is not a pectin haze what could it be ?

Hi Chippy, going back to your very 1st post in this thread (apologies if this has been covered before):
The recipe says juice of 1 lemon, but I didn't have any when I put my brew on.
Can I add lemon juice at any stage, and can I use lime for the citric acid instead.
And what does the juice do? Give the wine a slight acidic taste?

Hi Chippy, going back to your very 1st post in this thread (apologies if this has been covered before):
The recipe says juice of 1 lemon, but I didn't have any when I put my brew on.
Can I add lemon juice at any stage, and can I use lime for the citric acid instead.
And what does the juice do? Give the wine a slight acidic taste?

It's is to add citric acid, pretty good explantion here> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acids_in_wine

The powdered form is easier to keep, lasts a lot longer and less hassle than faffing about with real lemons, bottled lemon juice needs to be label checked for additives that you may not want in your wine.

Chewie has covered it, I stopped using it a long time ago along with glycerine and to be honest we hardly noticed the difference.

Hi All,

I have read through as many pages of this thread as possible, so apologies if the idea has been mentioned previously.

Would I be in time to make a nice wine for Christmas? If so, does anyone have a recipe for a sweet rose wine such as mulled wine, spiced, etc.

thank you

Hi R-J-M.

I have never made mulled or spiced wine but if you want to make a sweet Rosé Wine follow the instructions in the video in the first post of this thread but use a litre of Red Grape Juice instead of White Grape Juice and a litre of Apple juice instead of Orange juice.

To make it sweeter than the wine in the video either top up with apple juice or Red Grape Juice instead of water or finish it early so the yeast doesn't eat all the sugar.

These wines only take a coupe of weeks at most so you could make a few gallons before Christmas.

Slight edit to my earlier post - To make it sweeter than the wine in the video either top up with apple juice or Red Grape Juice instead of water (after you have stabilised the wine) or finish it early so the yeast doesn't eat all the sugar.

Going to make a white wine today. Usually only do rose. Can anyone suggest a good one for me please. Thanks

Going to make a white wine today. Usually only do rose. Can anyone suggest a good one for me please. Thanks

From suggestions on here, I've tried 1L WGJ + 1L Apple & Mango, and it's lovely. Another one I like, is 1L WGJ + 2/3 bottle of Granini Peach juice. But I'm still a beginner compared to a lot of others on here...

WGJ and Apple is good, as is WGJ and something like Lidl vitafit pure tropical, others I've done which turned out ok where WGJ/Apple/3rd litre pink Grapefruit, WGJ and Pineapple. Don't worry about being experimental, at roughly a quid a litre for juice it's not exactly a big loss if something you combine doesn't turn out ok.

Best i have found is wgj and apple and rhubarb think it was 1. 5 and 1l. My wgj and pink grapefruit is goof but need to cut down on the grapefruit a bit, like above, but its a good addition.

if I were to make a fruity rose with 1L RGJ, 1L Apple Juice & 1L of cherry/peach etc, would I top up the rest with water? so like 1500ml? (only making 4.5L demijohn batches at the moment)

I have 2 bottles of RGJ & 4 cartons of apple juice. could I get 2 batches out of that?

thanks!

Back