Thanks Theresa

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're comparing apples and oranges (loudly).

Common ground, though. I'm aware of relative socio-political context. You're aware (in agreement?) of how the election has come about.

Let's just leave it. I'll say coup was a silly choice of words by you and admit i overreacted to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really bugged me last time that even though Sturgeon isn't even a candidate in the election she was all over TV. Doesn't she have a government to run?

No but she does have an axe to grind, Independence now seems to be her only thought, sod running the country!

Talking of axes to grind, why are we having an Election? Sums this farce up...
becdbffadb474d5af79127c9e0c7a36b.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

She was probably fed up listening to remoaners bleating on about her being unelected and not having a mandate.
Now the same people are bleating on about her wanting to get herself elected.

We'll never get anywhere if we just pull faces at each other.

What I want to hear is "the plan".

A pale ale this weekend that should still be able to ferment in the ambient temperature before I have to start on Belgians over the summer months when the weather is warmer.

A pale ale this weekend that should still be able to ferment in the ambient temperature before I have to start on Belgians over the summer months when the weather is warmer.

Some doubt my mandate for this plan and say that I should be painting the garden fence instead. But I have been very clear, I am going to deliver beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pesky Belgian ales coming over here and taking the jobs of beautiful British beers.

In the papers today there's been loads about the non Tory parties forming some sort of coalition to defeat the Tories, and lots of Tory MPS pooh, poohing the idea calling it 'unholy'. You can tell there thinking, '$hit, we didnt think of that' :lol:

In the papers today there's been loads about the non Tory parties forming some sort of coalition to defeat the Tories, and lots of Tory MPS pooh, poohing the idea calling it 'unholy'. You can tell there thinking, '$hit, we didnt think of that' :lol:

Our current system depends on the concept of "strong government" through majority. Is it possibly anachronistic in this day and age. Our electoral system is broken - as is the case in America. The media and social media have bust the mould. It's got to the point where most people claim to want the facts, but in reality that's not how many people are behaving.

And this all makes me wonder whether a completely new form of democracy is necessary. Perhaps one that forces coalition and collaboration as opposed to kick and rush, boom and bust politics.

PR would be the usual way to achieve this. The problem is that the zeitgeist is, in some places, so horribly extreme right wing, that we would end up with elected representatives harbouring views even nastier than the ones that Theresa May gets herself to sleep with.

Maybe that's the price we pay, though, for giving other voices a chance. Once elected a coalition government has a responsibility to work with minority elements.

The flip is that unless you implement safeguards against it, they get nothing done.

I'd much rather we explored alternatives than dashed ourselves on the rocks of oppositional politics. And this comes from a confirmed north-eastern, working class, left-wing atheist with a massive chip on both shoulders.

I can't see any coalition working if it involves Corbyn (which it would have to). The simple fact is that middle England will never vote for him. The GE will almost certainly finish him IMO.

I think there are alot more labour voters that like JC than the press would have us believe and i don't vote for who is the leader i vote for the party.

Yes or full spectrum dominance. I am surprised no one has mention May looks like a vampire yet. :mrgreen:

get out of it ,bet you would, wouldnt you, suits you sir,,sexy Theresa gadders and all the trimmings nibbling on your deposits , yes sir suits you sir mmmmmmmmm:grin:

Lol, that made me laugh. You my friend sound like a man who has already thought about it and on a Sunday as well. :lol:

OOOOOH YES full leather kit whip and spikey high heels have you seen that red lipsticked mouth whooaaaaaaaaa my boy giddy up there girl:lol:

Latest posts

Back