The crossmyloof brewery yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just checked eBay and they definitely have items for sale at the moment, including yeast. It could just be that the listing ended and they hadn't relisted it yet. Also if you buy their hops/yeast through Facebook they give you a discount, 10% I think it is?

That's dreadful - I've only got 11 packs left! Meanwhile, a recent brew made with their Cali Common is threatening to disappoint... six days in bottle and it ain't clear. If it had been US Pale or Real Ale I'd be tucking in by now.
Patience,patience:rolleyes::whistle::lol:

What do you mean 'on tour'. They seem very active on social media

Last time they did this they'd gone off to a beer festival - in Germany I think it was. The ebay items have now been relisted so I guess they're still here after all like the others said.

Anyone had any issues with hops from them?

I got some Amarillo pellets, and every brew I've done with them has been a bit weird tasting. But it's been about 4 years since I brewed with Amarillo, so I can't be absolutely sure it's the pellets. All I remember is that my previous Amarillo brew 4 years ago was lovely, and these later brews have been horrible. I normally brew with leaf hops rather than pellets: could that have something to do with it? With so many variables, it's hard to pin down, but the brew I made with Centennial pellets from them was also weird.

Just looked ebay - not there. Also looked at a saved ebay link and it say "this item no longer available". Well that's that, then. Or is it?
I know they're chatting about getting their website up and running.
e0a383e2b6274b408ec3fc77f9c4c59b.jpg

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Just looked ebay - not there. Also looked at a saved ebay link and it say "this item no longer available". Well that's that, then. Or is it?
I know they're chatting about getting their website up and running.
e0a383e2b6274b408ec3fc77f9c4c59b.jpg

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
You can order from Steven Smith
[email protected]

Anyone had any issues with hops from them?

I got some Amarillo pellets, and every brew I've done with them has been a bit weird tasting. But it's been about 4 years since I brewed with Amarillo, so I can't be absolutely sure it's the pellets. All I remember is that my previous Amarillo brew 4 years ago was lovely, and these later brews have been horrible. I normally brew with leaf hops rather than pellets: could that have something to do with it? With so many variables, it's hard to pin down, but the brew I made with Centennial pellets from them was also weird.

NOt made any Smash's but used both hops from them more than once and all good. I made a NS smash from a different supplier that's horrible. The taste of the hops are too much formy taste.

Sounds good, do you have a recipe? I am going to do an English IPA (US pale yeast) and a 5l batch of barley wine with the same hops and their RB yeast.

Bought the three to try this Belgiium pale with. https://beerandbrewing.com/make-your-best-belgian-pale-ale/

Not really, nothing grist-wise. It was the hop schedule I'm really inerested in so
7g each for EKG/Challenger @15min and 14g at 1min or 0min (whatever your preference). Challenger for bittering to bring the IBU:OG ratio up to 0.67 (35IBU for most recipes I've seen as the ABV usually comes out to 5.2%ABV)

Not really, nothing grist-wise. It was the hop schedule I'm really inerested in so
7g each for EKG/Challenger @15min and 14g at 1min or 0min (whatever your preference). Challenger for bittering to bring the IBU:OG ratio up to 0.67 (35IBU for most recipes I've seen as the ABV usually comes out to 5.2%ABV)

Am i right in thinking most bitter's use pale malt, crystal and a bit of choc?

Yup but you can leave the choccy out as it's just for colour. I normally add 5% biscuit and 8% torrified wheat too

Crystal will give colour and a slight sweet taste, so you don't need much
For Old Spec Hen Clone
BIAB method
2043 gms Maris Otter
40 gms Crystal lite
14 L Boil
10 L Batch
10 gms Challenger @ 60 min
3 gms Challenger @ 15 mins
3 gms EKG @ 15 mins
10 gms EKG @ 1 min

worked for me, but Im not a great fan of OSH

Crystal will give colour and a slight sweet taste, so you don't need much
For Old Spec Hen Clone
BIAB method
2043 gms Maris Otter
40 gms Crystal lite
14 L Boil
10 L Batch
10 gms Challenger @ 60 min
3 gms Challenger @ 15 mins
3 gms EKG @ 15 mins
10 gms EKG @ 1 min

worked for me, but Im not a great fan of OSH
That looks like a nice recipe. I'm not a fan of OSH myself. It has a strange taste which I suspect comes from the yeast.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Back