The News

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
As discussed in the new Manchester thread.

Here is a prime example of how they will use anything to sell a story why even mention Lennons name, what does it add to the article then to make matters worse trivialise the murder story with more detail about when he used to live there, BBC News is going down the pan with the rest of them. :roll:

Liverpool deaths: Three bodies found in John Lennon's former flat

The bodies of a woman and two children have been found at a flat in Liverpool that John Lennon lived in.

Police were called to a ground floor flat on Falkner Street, near Toxteth, Liverpool shortly before 19:30 BST on Tuesday.

A man, 30, was detained on suspicion of murder before being taken to hospital after falling ill.

Merseyside Police believe the incident was domestic in nature. It said it was not looking for anyone else.

A police spokesman said tests were being carried out on a substance found at the scene.

The arrested man was taken to hospital before being discharged and taken to a police station for questioning.

The force added a post-mortem examination will be carried out to establish the causes of death.

Neighbours said the property in the Georgian Quarter was regularly visited by Beatles fans on tours of the city.

The flat was once owned by the band's manager, Brian Epstein, and Lennon lived there with his first wife Cynthia shortly after they married in 1962.

Homes evacuated

A neighbour, who did not want to be named, said: "The tours are always stopping at the house because John Lennon used to live there."

He said a family with two young children had lived in the flat.

"I didn't know them, I just knew there was a family living there. The children were toddler age," he said.

Properties on the street were evacuated because of concerns over a gas leak but residents have been allowed back into their homes, said police.

Falkner Street and Catharine Street were closed but the roads have since reopened.

One woman said: "The police said we had a couple of minutes to get out of the house.

"There were ambulances, fire engines and police here. We weren't allowed back in until about 11pm."

Detectives are appealing for anyone who may have information to contact them.

John Lennon, who was born in Liverpool in 1940, divorced Cynthia in 1968 and married Yoko Ono the following year.

He was murdered by Mark Chapman, who shot him on 8 December 1980, in New York.

Cynthia Lennon died in 2015.

Falkner Street flat

Tour guide Jay Riley, 67, stopped outside the property earlier while taking tourist David McGann, 35, from Melbourne, on The Beatles Fab Four taxi tour.

He said: "This is where John and Cynthia, his first wife, spent their honeymoon and where he wrote the song Do You Want to Know a Secret.

"The reason he wrote the song Do You Want to Know a Secret is because this was Brian Epstein's secret apartment.

"Brian Epstein was gay and up until 1967 in England it was illegal to be gay.

He added: "This is why it was called his secret apartment."

Mr Riley said he visits the flat about twice a day on tours.

Mrs MQ is a communications manager for a medium sized charity and deals with journo's all day. She tells me they are either being lazy and just pulling any old $hite off of twitter or hounding her for a story as they're so desperate

Another pet hate is when the start with "we have the exclusive" who cares just get on with it :roll:

As discussed in the new Manchester thread.

Here is a prime example of how they will use anything to sell a story why even mention Lennons name, what does it add to the article then to make matters worse trivialise the murder story with more detail about when he used to live there, BBC News is going down the pan with the rest of them. :roll:

Liverpool deaths: Three bodies found in John Lennon's former flat

The bodies of a woman and two children have been found at a flat in Liverpool that John Lennon lived in.

Police were called to a ground floor flat on Falkner Street, near Toxteth, Liverpool shortly before 19:30 BST on Tuesday.

A man, 30, was detained on suspicion of murder before being taken to hospital after falling ill.

Merseyside Police believe the incident was domestic in nature. It said it was not looking for anyone else.

A police spokesman said tests were being carried out on a substance found at the scene.

The arrested man was taken to hospital before being discharged and taken to a police station for questioning.

The force added a post-mortem examination will be carried out to establish the causes of death.

Neighbours said the property in the Georgian Quarter was regularly visited by Beatles fans on tours of the city.

The flat was once owned by the band's manager, Brian Epstein, and Lennon lived there with his first wife Cynthia shortly after they married in 1962.

Homes evacuated

A neighbour, who did not want to be named, said: "The tours are always stopping at the house because John Lennon used to live there."

He said a family with two young children had lived in the flat.

"I didn't know them, I just knew there was a family living there. The children were toddler age," he said.

Properties on the street were evacuated because of concerns over a gas leak but residents have been allowed back into their homes, said police.

Falkner Street and Catharine Street were closed but the roads have since reopened.

One woman said: "The police said we had a couple of minutes to get out of the house.

"There were ambulances, fire engines and police here. We weren't allowed back in until about 11pm."

Detectives are appealing for anyone who may have information to contact them.

John Lennon, who was born in Liverpool in 1940, divorced Cynthia in 1968 and married Yoko Ono the following year.

He was murdered by Mark Chapman, who shot him on 8 December 1980, in New York.

Cynthia Lennon died in 2015.

Falkner Street flat

Tour guide Jay Riley, 67, stopped outside the property earlier while taking tourist David McGann, 35, from Melbourne, on The Beatles Fab Four taxi tour.

He said: "This is where John and Cynthia, his first wife, spent their honeymoon and where he wrote the song Do You Want to Know a Secret.

"The reason he wrote the song Do You Want to Know a Secret is because this was Brian Epstein's secret apartment.

"Brian Epstein was gay and up until 1967 in England it was illegal to be gay.

He added: "This is why it was called his secret apartment."

Mr Riley said he visits the flat about twice a day on tours.

I'm surprised they have not included " Mr Lennon was not available for comment"

Their absolutely desperate. The Times online has a paywall and the Guardian online has constant pop ups begging for donations. They may was well give the Big Issue away along with it :lol:

We only buy the local paper (Monday to Saturday) as the old saying goes up here you have to but it every day or you may miss the day it actually has something worth reading in it, joking aside its is a good paper and you have to have something to read when you go for a dump :lol: http://www.nwemail.co.uk/

I never went to Journalism lesson either at school or at a college but I reckon I can spot space filling when I see it, all the papers do it but local ones more than others.

First they print the Headline "Man bites dog"

Then in the first paragraph they write " today a man bit a dog"
Then in the next paragraph the yrepeat the same thing with just a little bit more " In Ulverston a dog was attacked and bitten by a man, the attack lasted 30 seconds"

I have often counted the same statement repeated about 5 times in an article and lo they have taken up most of the page. Job done.

Our local Evening Chronicle is really good at this but fortunately because their website is so plagued with adverts, pop up surveys and videos that play almost constantly that no one reads it anymore so standards of journalism no longer matter!
I have installed ad blockers and all sorts but it still happens. I only look at it to follow the footy but recently gave that up as well.

So for me no news IS good news!!

I never went to Journalism lesson either at school or at a college but I reckon I can spot space filling when I see it, all the papers do it but local ones more than others.

First they print the Headline "Man bites dog"

Then in the first paragraph they write " today a man bit a dog"
Then in the next paragraph the yrepeat the same thing with just a little bit more " In Ulverston a dog was attacked and bitten by a man, the attack lasted 30 seconds"

I have often counted the same statement repeated about 5 times in an article and lo they have taken up most of the page. Job done.

Our local Evening Chronicle is really good at this but fortunately because their website is so plagued with adverts, pop up surveys and videos that play almost constantly that no one reads it anymore so standards of journalism no longer matter!
I have installed ad blockers and all sorts but it still happens. I only look at it to follow the footy but recently gave that up as well.

So for me no news IS good news!!

The Huff post is the biggest load of garbage. They have a cancer , pop star, diet, and dont eat article every day the rest padded out by any old **** they can find. They repeat there reporting every three months exactly the same threads and even the same form, all written by a group of semi blind dyslexic 11 year old welsh speaking Chinamen

The news is mostly ****. We have a huge TV on the canteen wall in work...no sound (because we're 2 year olds and can't be trusted with actually using our ears on our own) and all that's showing is continuous sky news with auto subtitles all spelled wrong...utter tripe! Who actually gives a toss about the Chinese stock market at ten to sodding three in the morning?

Latest posts

Back