The Sunday when I don't brew.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryF

Brew Numpty
Reaction score
Afternoon all, this is the Sunday when I don’t brew, I put a brew on last Sunday and next Sunday on goes another one so just sitting here cruising the website, going through the beer kit reviews and planning up and coming brews. Also checking out the “how to” thread, for a beginner there’s no better place for info. I thought that today I’d crack a couple of bottles and see how they’re coming along, I have a Coopers lager that was bottled on 25/01/15 and has now had two weeks hot and two weeks cold. I also have a Coopers English bitter that’s had two weeks in the warm and went out into the shed today. I snagged a bottle of each, the lager was chilled enough and was very nice, in a month it’ll be gorgeous, the English bitter I put in the freezer for forty mins and had a glass and for two weeks after bottling, it’s a stunner, so good that I’m drinking my second bottle. They both have differing degrees of HP twang but that’ll clear but as they’re my first two brews and they are drinkable I’m happy as, so to speak, and I have a feeling that I’ll be having a bit of a doze come later on this afternoon. What’s prompted this post is that I’m sitting here the wrong end of a bottle of lager and two bottles of English bitter (6+%) , my Coopers stout is next door having had a week in the warm and my FV is three feet from me with a Wilko Sweet Newkie Brown in it and I can hear it bubbling away. I have a Wherry, John Bull IPA and a Youngs harvest Pilsner and harvest lager lined up and at this moment I’m stuck to think of a better hobby. There’s no denying, I do love my beer but what I’m finding is that what I seem to love even more is brewing my own beer and then enjoying it. Anyway all, wishing you happy brewing and I think it’s time for a spot of late lunch and that doze I promised myself.

Back