These will come in handy...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great find!!

FYI IF the rubber seals are "welded" on they can be very difficult to sterilise and almost impossible to remove cleanly.

If you know anyone who is going to France then get them to nip into a Le Clerc supermarket and for +/- €11.50 each they can pick up bags of 50 flip-tops with removable rubber seals and for another +/- €1.50 each they can pick up packets of 50 spare rubber seals.

If the seals aren't welded on then (apart from "You lucky sod!") the spare rubber seals will do just fine.

Personally, I take my flip-tops off the bottle, take off the rubber seal and then sterilise the lot before reassembling and refitting them after the bottle has been sterilised and refilled. :thumb:

I still get plenty of use from my original 20xbottle grolsh crates brought back after a tour of holland in the 70's
7936443660_f7d120ca36_z.jpg

and the old corona style lemonade bottle crates still have their uses too
10089137955_fbc92694e2_z.jpg

No glass has survived that long however.. all the bottles are modern thin ones ;(

My cider making buddy turned up yesterday with a box of various swing tops, 450ml. 500ml and 650ml about 16 altogether and I have another 16 coming next weekend that I bought on fleabay for a fiver, so my patience has paid orf and my collection has finally started. :thumb:

I have just finished de-labelling and cleaning my Grolsch bottle collection, another 16 arrived the other day, so I now have 35 :thumb: I'm catching you up slowly Notlaw!

I have just finished de-labelling and cleaning my Grolsch bottle collection, another 16 arrived the other day, so I now have 35 :thumb: I'm catching you up slowly Notlaw!

They're dead easy to do. I just bung mine in the dishwasher and the labels just fall off.

I can remember drinking Grolsch many years ago flipping the top was a major draw, i am surprised its still being sold with so much competition around, can someone remind me of its taste.

Back