This weeks purchase

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mostly Belgian yeah.

I stick to English malts Steve. You're on your own mate. :lol:

I've just bought a 25 kilo sack of best malz pale malt (German) from hbc, was £16.

Got a dark ruby mild, an elderflower spring ale and a dark malty number planned.

Dunno how it compares to Maris Otter, but at 64p a kilo I don't care!

I've just bought a 25 kilo sack of best malz pale malt (German) from hbc, was �£16.

Got a dark ruby mild, an elderflower spring ale and a dark malty number planned.

Dunno how it compares to Maris Otter, but at 64p a kilo I don't care!

Ive bought it a few times now for the money there almost giving the stuff away:lol:

I have found it equally as good as Maris Otter, no complaints here:thumb:

Bloody bargain that innit? I'm a big fan of HBC, great range, prices, quality and service. :thumb:

I think the exchange rate went in my favour, I also had 8 half kilo bags of various malts and adjuncts and three bags of hops. Including shipping it was £36. Unfortunately it looks like my local shop will be getting less business...

I payed £20.80 for mine, excellent service yet again and nothing missed out on the order yet again unlike some other companies i have used and every thing is always lovely and fresh :thumb:

I'll save that link. Handy to know. Think I may try the sabbath again next. As I've still got loads of the grains from last time. Just need the base malt yeast and good to go.

Well I'll be perusing later in work and seeing what's on it. Clibits sabbath next and then maybe something American hopped. This Nelson one I've made is tasting rather good. I might do a few single hopped ones after the sabbath.

My stuff last week on the .ie site including delivery was €52 which was £38. The same order on the .co.uk site with free delivery was £44. The exchange rate last week was €1.37

Must have been a special offer last week cos it offered me free delivery. Even at £44 + delivery still a bargain. Could hardly lift the box this morning when it arrived!

Depends on how much you are spending, im sure the IE site does not do free delivery :thumb:

Thanks for pointing that out...

"Delivery by courier to Ireland and Northern Ireland only €4.95 euro. FREE Delivery to Ireland and N. Ireland if you spend over €150 on goods. You will be contacted for extra shipping charges if the order is more than one box or 31kg. Delivery usually takes 24 to 48 hours.

Delivery to the mainland Scotland, Wales and England only €8.95 for 31Kg." (about £6.50)

My order from HBC to go with some yeast off eBay and stuff the wife ordered from leyland

1 x Star San Sanitiser 8 oz (236ml) = £9.60
1 x Safbrew S-33 Yeast (11.5g) = £1.50
1 x Safale US-05 Yeast (11.5g) = £2.40
1 x White Labs WLP570 Belgian Golden Ale Yeast = £6.00
1 x Crown Caps Gold (200's) PACKAGED = £3.25
3 x Bohemian Pilsner Malt 1kg Crushed (Weyermans) = £4.46
1 x Roast Barley - crushed grains 500g = £0.78
1 x Chocolate - crushed grains 500g = £0.78
1 x Crystal Malt 240 EBC Crushed 500g (Fawcett) = £0.90
1 x Malted Flaked Oats 500g = £1.80
4 x Maris Otter - crushed grain 1kg = £4.68
1 x Candi Sugar Crystals 500g - Light = £2.45
1 x Styrian Goldings Pellets - 100g vac packed Alpha Acid 3.0 2014 = £3.20
1 x Challenger Pellets 100g 6.5% AA Vacuum packed 2014 harvest = £2.79
1 x Best Cara Munich Type I Malt 500g Crushed (BESTMALZ) 90 EBC = £0.68
1 x Vienna - crushed grain 500g (Weyermanns) = £0.90
8 x Chateau Pilsner 1kg Crushed EBC 4 = £7.92
5 x Best Pale Malt 1kg Crushed (BESTMALZ) 6 EBC = £5.63
1 x HBC Brown Porter Mashkit (23lts) = £13.72

I think they may have recently put the price up on for delivery to the uk through the .ie site

Its always a friday night when i order after to much beer :doh: always end up spending the min £70 on the uk site god i need to stop:lol:

Latest posts

Back