transfering primed beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajt24

Reaction score
I have about 5 litres of primed beer in my pressure barrel (ran out of bottles) and i have come across a free mini keg, and need the PB for another brew.

1. can I transfer to the mini keg

2. Will I need to re-prime the mini keg once transferred or will it hold the co2 once transferred

3. I batched primed my PB 90grams of sugar for 18litres (bottled until i ran out) and has left me with about 5litres, will this be to much pressure for the mini keg

It was about 2 weeks ago, although i was about to transfer it tonight but i thought i would take a little sample and it poured out of the PB like a hand pulled pint so I think im going to leave it in there, but out of interest would you be able to do that

If it's been 2 weeks then it's not so much primed as fully carbonated. Technically you could transfer to a mini keg, after all it's common to bottle from kegs, but you would lose some carbonation in the process and it'd probably foam up like crazy. If you could chill everything down it would help but I don't think it's something I would attempt. If you need the PB you'll have to think of another way to empty it :drink:

Latest posts

Back