Tronozymol

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floodster

Reaction score
I have done some searching around the forum and there does seem to be a lot of discussion around whether or not to use nutrients.
Unfortunately for me it's down to a case of having to try due to stuck fermentations with twin can kits. All grains are fine never had a problem but I am now at the stage where I cannot remember the last time I did a kit where the gravity fell below 1020 before I bottled it. I have tried many things including aerating the wort, giving it a little stir if it sticks but still the same.

So I decided to get some nutrient and went for Tronozymol from my lhbs. Only problem I have now is that obviously nutrients are more wine orientated so I have no idea how much to add to a beer.
I am thinking 1 level tsp for a 23litres batch (not the 1-2 tsp per 4.5 litres as suggested on the packing for wine).

Does anyone have any experience of Tronozymol in beer and if so how much do you use?

I use tronozymol regularly in wines but so far haven't used it in beer, my understanding is that beer is more balanced than wine from that perspective. However, I have seen a fair number of references on here about using nutrient in beer so I would think it would work well. I'd go for 5 tsps in your 23L of beer.

I've used it several times in beer. A few teaspoons or so. You're right, there is no guidance for beer on the packet.

I now use white Labs own nutrient and yes, at least in the white /Zainasheff yeast book, they do suggest nutrient (especially nitrogen? iirc) can be helpful in beer.

Rehydrating dry yeast is probably an even better idea, if you're not already

Latest posts

Back