Tube re-name

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's so controversial about the London Overground lines getting individual names, and why does a guy from Swansea even care?

The Tube lines are all colour coded and named, and it makes it much easier to navigate busy labyrinthine tube stations like Euston where you can end up on any one of 6 lines going in 13 different directions (that's in addition to the 20+ national rail platforms). Need to get to Waterloo? Take the Northern (black) line south. Easy.

All they're doing is updating London Overground lines from all being orange to all having individual names and colours. If you'd ever tried to change at Highbury and Islington you'd understand!
I think given trains work because of engineers and scientific discoveries, name them after people who have made them possible, or maybe telford, brunel trevithick etc is not snappy enough?

I'll concede that the trev line would be easier on the brain cells.

They've tried to go with names with more meaning amd imagination than naming it regally (Victoria, Jubilee, Elizabeth). They're not my choice, think they would've been better to reference the places on the specific route; I do like the engagement with History in London though.

Back