Ukraine: Russia has launched 'full-scale invasion'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What news since Avdivka has officially fallen? Russian shills seem to be hailing this as some pivotal breakthrough, but judging from the lack of any swift and major follow-up maneuvers the Ukrainaian front seems stable and not collapsing as some seem to want to believe.

I personally believe the UAF tried to hold it, but reatreated rather than get encircled, reasoning that it is a momentary loss that can be sacrificied.
Basically thinking "at least we made them bleed alot for a comparably low cost for ourselves".
Although the situation is dark in many ways, military support is drying up due to political infighting in the US, although the Poles are keeping their banners high and doing all they can to organise and send supplies to them. Corruption and a non ignorable portion of stuff sent getting"lost" before reaching the troops is also a problem, wich in turn lowers morale.

It looks like Poo-Tin (Can of Sh*t) learnt a trick with FAB gliding bombs and his new Smerch missile systems that work similar to HIMARS and now Zelenski is losing troops at much higher rate than before. So, Can of Shi*t keeps pressing despite the losses as the exchange is beneficial to him - I thought his troops were exhausted based on our news after Avdiivka's melle, but he keeps attacking in all areas, so we were misinformed.
Medvedev recently showed a map how he sees Russia post war - the territorial claim is huge. Only the war is likely to last for the next 20 years - there are a lot of guerillas on both sides now, they are very stubborn and will carry on even if someone signs a peace agreement

Has anyone some good source material on what is causing the conflict or the reasoning behind Russia's actions
Plenty out there from various geopolitical analysts. My take on it is putin placating those waiting in the wings to take power who want to see a return to a soviet era russian empire. The catalyst is the US now seemingly taki a back seat in policing the global trade system essential for global economy because the US is now self sufficient in energy, food and resources so has no appetite to invest us lives abroad.

Also the Russian mindset is very different to ours and, the Russian educated youth asside, the Russian people overall approve of their dictatorial overlords projecting strength and power at home and abroad. It takes their mind off the squalled most of them live in.

That’s my oversimplified take anyway but plenty of analysts out there only a YouTube or google search away.

...the Russian people overall approve of their dictatorial overlords projecting strength and power at home and abroad. It takes their mind off the squalled most of them live in.

That’s my oversimplified take anyway but plenty of analysts out there only a YouTube or google search away.
Totally agree. Only would add that our politicians also use the war to distract us from our falling standards of living. I am surprised by official data - average UK salary is £28k, while it is almost £57k in Germany and £48k in France! We have problems everywhere from funding NHS and councils to building affordable housing and training new generation of workers
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk-...-budget-announcement-b1143461.html#r3z-addoor

1710233149202.png

Well, that's a new development 🤔

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-68538951

This is not good if true

I dont see how this can be classed as good.

UK military presence in Ukraine reveals a fractured NATO

The Ukrainian conflict so far has involved Russia against a Ukraine that is backed by the EU and NATO in a way that might seem like a one-sided proxy war. Many fear that if Western nations directly face Vladimir Putin, it could lead to World War III. That moment seems to be getting closer every minute.

Yeah why do we have to be there, supply them the means to fight but we don't need to be on the ground

I am sure Biden recently said there will be no American soldier boots on the ground what the **** are we doing there.

Latest posts

Back