Unexpected brewday...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BerkshireBadger

Reaction score
I decided not to do any more brewing until the new year - under no circumstances would I be tempted to start another brew...

...which is why I've just pitched the yeast into a Coopers Stout kit! :twisted: It's addictive this brewing lark! :lol:

In with the tin I used 1kg of BKE and 500g of dark muscovado sugar. Was planning on brewing short to 20l but I splooshed too much water in and so it'll be 22l. OG is 1.055 - does anyone know what the FG is supposed to be?

I now have mops, buckets and extra towels on standby ready for the explosive start everyone says this kit has!

Now to tidy the mess I made and relax with a bottle of mild... :cheers:

BerkshireBadger said:
I decided not to do any more brewing until the new year - under no circumstances would I be tempted to start another brew...

...which is why I've just pitched the yeast into a Coopers Stout kit! :twisted: It's addictive this brewing lark! :lol:

In with the tin I used 1kg of BKE and 500g of dark muscovado sugar. Was planning on brewing short to 20l but I splooshed too much water in and so it'll be 22l. OG is 1.055 - does anyone know what the FG is supposed to be?

I now have mops, buckets and extra towels on standby ready for the explosive start everyone says this kit has!

Now to tidy the mess I made and relax with a bottle of mild... :cheers:
The fg should be 1010 or so mate. Its a great stout.... enjoy :thumb:

This is a lovely kit, I was discussing it with one of our fellow brewers today, it had been well received by both of us, his had not been quite as explosive as mine though :D

mine wasn't all that explosive either. hoping to bottle it tomorrow (if my TC has finished fermenting and i have a spare bottling bucket again!)

It's the Coopers Original Stout - I decided I had to try it after all the recent comments about how good it is...

Bottled it today - I should've gotten 43 or 44 bottles worth but somehow only seem to have filled 41 of the blighters! I get the feeling I must've used an oversized sample jar (and it'd be wrong to return that to the brew for bottling)... :whistle:

OG was 1.055 and FG is 1.009 so abv is just over 6% (different abv calculators are telling me anything from 6.1% to 6.3%). It tastes wonderful already - I just need to find the patience to leave it to condition... Six days is about right isn't it? :lol:

My second brew was a bit of a failure (I've seen clearer swamps) so I'm really happy with the way this one's turned out - just a shame it won't be ready in time for NYE.

:drink:

Hate coopers stout, for one reason... i couldnt leave it alone, and so none left :oops: I even put 24 bottles in the loft for safety, but they still called for me to drink them :D

bottler said:
Hate coopers stout, for one reason... i couldnt leave it alone, and so none left :oops: I even put 24 bottles in the loft for safety, but they still called for me to drink them :D

It is the one kit that I will be stronggly tempted to repeat, sadly I didn't get a stash of them during Tesco's clearance, I did get 'a few; coopers english bitter though, be handy as back up in case my AG plans go astray.

Can't wait to sample my Coopers stout... Only problem is I've only just thrown it in the FV.

Oh we'll, I think I'll have to make do with the Coopers English Bitter and the Woodfordes Wherry until its done.

Jim

The Coopers bitter came out really nice especially as it was my first attempt at home brew. The kit came with my Coopers FV starter kit and I'm so glad it did. Brewed with a kilo of brew enhancer 1 that came supplied. ABV finished at 4.5% and it drinks really easy. Will definitely go back and do it again in a few brews time.

Jim

Latest posts

Back