Using clear bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By all means use them, but ensure that the filled bottles are kept in the dark.
I think clear bottles 'look' better for light ales & lagers.

You could brew a really nasty no flavour lager and then serve it with a wedge of lime to hide all the off flavours from leaving beer in direct sunlight??

:party:

I spent a lot of time not using clear bottles but now I have loads (I especially like the Wilko ones). I just keep them in a cardboard box in the shed and only sup them after dark (like a really boring beer-Dracula.)

I use a mixture of brown, green and clear bottles and never bother keeping them in the dark either - and have never noticed any difference between them. Maybe I don't keep them long enough...

I always have a few clear ones.. Its actually quite nice to see how a beer is clearing.. I keep them in boxes. I always throw a towel over the boxes while in the house carbing anyway..

Then in the garage they are in the dark anyway..

I use clear bottles ex.spitfire (Bought them full for a £1 each at Sainsbury on offer) and Bishops Finger (Currently £1.25 at Lidl) and keep the sun off them as the previous poster.

Latest posts

Back