Variations of WOW!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have made 2G 'rose' using 1L orange, 1L RG & 1/2 cup ribena. Just clearing now, but the initial tasting are promising. Colour looks good in the DJ, but it's a little light in the glass. More like a hint of pink than rose - I'll say that was intended... Maybe I will use more ribena next time.

blimy.. just read all these posts and you are all so cleaver!!! can i ask what 'racking' is? how come some uses Tannin and some dont? sorry im VERY new to wine making and this forum, but the info available on this forum is brill :thumb:

Another variation is white grape juice and apple and cherry from aldi. Lovely taste but slightly odd colour.

mozzy said:
blimy.. just read all these posts and you are all so cleaver!!! can i ask what 'racking' is? how come some uses Tannin and some dont? sorry im VERY new to wine making and this forum, but the info available on this forum is brill :thumb:

Hi there Mozzy. Welcome the the forum! :cheers:

Racking is where you siphon the wine/cider from one container to the other, usually to separate the wine from the sediment. You need to do this after the main fermentation phase, and after fining. You use the same technique to get the stuff into bottles, or through a filter.

I suggest you look at moleys guide to making your first batch of WOW, which I think most here would agree is well worth the effort.

I first came on here about 4months ago, and since then I have make over 100 bottles. Just yesterday I filtered 7 gallons, bottled 2, and started 2gallons of turbo cider (also amazing), and the day before I put on 30 bottles of merlot. This should last me a while (I hope...)

Latest posts

Back