Very creamy krausen

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Empty bottle

Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers i went to dry hop my latest brew and the krausen was a thick creamy coating sitting on top of the wort. I have never had this before on any of my previous brews and just wondering why this has happened. Its like a thick coating of cream and not the usual foam like krausen. It smells lovely but just something that i have never seen before,its like a coating of double cream with air bubbles. I dont think its an infection but just curious as to why its so creamy?

What yeast did you use? Is it your normal yeast or one you haven't used before? What's the brew?

Last edited:
What yeast did you use? Is it your normal yeast or one you haven't used before? What's the brew?
It is an English ale yeast and it's my first time using it. 5kg best ale malt 400g cara malt 200g crystal malt. It smells great and tastes great and its the first time ive dry hopped. I added 25g magnum 60 mins, 30g centennial 10 mins and 100g centennial at 80 degrees and 50g cascade dry hop. Thats been 8 days and no sign of the cream going away.

geb3112.jpg

Latest posts

Back