Very Old Zywiec Porter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muddy Funker

Regular.
Reaction score
Guys I thought you might be interested in this.

My other halfs Gran is a bit poorly at the moment (she's in her 90's) so her Dad went to her house in Essex to help tidy up ect.

It's a bit of an aladins cave and he brought me back two of these bottles, I think there might be more.

By guesstimation they think the bottles could be around 40 years old!! Well what do you think I did????

I popped the one with not such a good label and had a try. Cap came off with a little hiss which I thought was probably good news, looked really clean smelt great.

You can smell the dark malt used but no noticable hop aroma, not bitter but so sweet. It's almost like a port rather than a beer.

I was pretty gobsmacked by it.

So what would you have done? Have I drunk a very rare and expensive bottle of plonk, or would it be worthless?

:cheers:

Porter.jpg

thejesmonddingo said:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/623/1901

Is it an old bottle of this?I don't know of any market for ?vintage? beers,so drink and enjoy.
Ian

That's the stuff. Hopefully there'll be a few more in the house that can be rescued :thumb:

I might contact the brewery, I'm sure they'd be interested in hearing about a surviving bottle.

Back