Vimto Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dynorob

Reaction score
Hi all started yesterday making my first wines, went with a wow ans a vimto wine. I copied the wow a bit for the vimto wine I boiled 1l vimto cordial with750g sugar for 15 minutes then added a cup of strong tea and 1ltr apple juice to my do from there i added 1 tsp of pectolase and 1 tsp glycerine as well as 1tsp of yeast and nutrient and toped it up with water. This is pretty much what I did with my wow and 16 hrs later my wow is fermenting great however my vimto has yet to start and they are both in a warm room. Any ideas guys, thought maybe I hadn't boiled it long enough however 15mins seems about the norm according to other posts.

Any help would be ace as the wife was really looking forward to this guys

Cheers
Rob

As long as you added the yeast when the syrup had cooled a bit all should be ok, give it a couple of days it could be just a slow starter, i've had that a couple of times.
All the best

Hi thanks for the reply. It did indeed start the next day but only a small head f,roamed and disappeared in 12hours or so, the air lock is bubbling every minute of so but it doesn't seem to be doing a lot else wher my orange wine is going great guns next to it with a big head of foam etc...

Any ideas?

Cheers
Rob

Hi
I have made strewberry wine, cider, pineapple wine and manderin wine, all fermenter quite fast but my vimto wine is so slow but I am just going to let it take its own time :pray:

Latest posts

Back