Wanted. An extract kit to taste like.....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich747

Reaction score
Yes, I know I will one day cross over the boundary but just for now, my 3 favourite beers are:

T Taylors Golden Best
Theakstons Old Peculiar
Black Sheep

Are there any kits that get even vaguely close? If so, any recommendations appreciated!

I am currently in Delhi drinking Kingfisher - normally to be avoided at all costs but it was in the minibar!

Thanks folks.

Rich747 said:
Yes, I know I will one day cross over the boundary but just for now, my 3 favourite beers are:

T Taylors Golden Best
Theakstons Old Peculiar
Black Sheep

Are there any kits that get even vaguely close? If so, any recommendations appreciated!

I am currently in Delhi drinking Kingfisher - normally to be avoided at all costs but it was in the minibar!

Thanks folks.
Hi there.
ive been doing extract and been doing some clones, london pride being one, turned out beautiful, also have been doing some extract stouts, my own concocksion been getting great results.

I have an extract recipe (courtesy of Graham Wheeler) for Black Sheep and OP. Would they be any good to you or do you want a kit?

Thanks. Will probably buy the Black Sheep (23L as opposed to 13!!).

There are 2 yeast options and I haven't a clue..

S-04
Or Wyeast 1384 (4.99 extra)

Any help here appreciated as I know nothing about yeast.

TT Best Bitter 23l
2370g DME
195g Crystal malt
31g Black malt
42g Golding hops (bittering)
14g Golding hops (aroma)

Old Peculiar 23l
3520g DME
295g Crystal malt
215g Chocolate malt
29g Challenger hops (bittering)
14g Fuggle hops (bittering)
14g Golding hops (aroma)
Dry hop with Styrian Golding

The Black Sheep recipe was AG but, as if to compensate, there was a TT Best extract recipe.

jonnymorris said:
TT Best Bitter 23l
2370g DME
195g Crystal malt
31g Black malt
42g Golding hops (bittering)
14g Golding hops (aroma)

Old Peculiar 23l
3520g DME
295g Crystal malt
215g Chocolate malt
29g Challenger hops (bittering)
14g Fuggle hops (bittering)
14g Golding hops (aroma)
Dry hop with Styrian Golding

The Black Sheep recipe was AG but, as if to compensate, there was a TT Best extract recipe.

Thanks but need more than that. how much water, when to add hops etc etc. Boiling....and more.

Thanks anyway.

Rich747 said:
Thanks. Will probably buy the Black Sheep (23L as opposed to 13!!).

There are 2 yeast options and I haven't a clue..

S-04
Or Wyeast 1384 (4.99 extra)

Any help here appreciated as I know nothing about yeast.
s o4 is a dried yeast while the other is liquid yeast maybe start this brew with so 4 but liquid is better but also more work to get right

Thanks but need more than that.
Start with about 18l of liquor. I steep the grains in a muslin bag at 65degC for 30mins then stir in the DME, top up to 23l and bring to the boil. Add the bitterring hops at start of boil and aroma hops 10mins before end. Boil time 90mins.

Other methods are available.

Nope thats enough ta.

No steeping or boiling.

Sorry, nudged on the dark side, will stick to extract!

Thanks all.

Sorry, got confused with the term 'extract kit' as opposed to a kit containing malt extract which I'm guessing is what you're after.

Happy flying.

Latest posts

Back