Wanted: Stainless drip tray

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belter

Regular.
Reaction score
Hey, I've been following a few drip trays on ebay and I keep missing them, the last one because my phone was in bits while I replaced the speaker.

I'm interested in a rectangular 12x6ish stainless steel drip tray. They have them on ebay new for £15 but the second hand ones I've seen go for £7. Not a huge amount of cash for a new one but it's purely an aesthetic thing. I don't really 'need' one as such.

Does anyone have one spare they want to sell on?

:lol: :lol: used to happen to me all the time.
I'd just buy the new one personally.

You obviously have no-one to rain in your spending.

I want the new one... But I can't justify it.

Belter said:
You obviously have no-one to rain in your spending.

:eek: I have,
Anything to do with brewing has to be begged and pleaded for at the moment :lol:
Surely £5 extra isn't too much to ask though?

It's her birthday next month.

Hey look! I bought a stainless steel drip tray! She was fine with fridge and fine with the taps. But like I said drip tray isn't top of the list in her book.

No offence meant! ;)
SWMBO is the same when it comes to brewing so i know where your comming from but just don't understand how £5 extra for something new would be such a problem!

I recently bought one but didn't realise how small it was, I was expecting a large one like you get on a pub bar but when this arrived it was to small to collect drips from both taps. I paid £15 for it but would happily take £10 rather than chuck it in a cupboard and forget about it. It's 12x6.
6d9ab109-a345-4bbd.jpg

No that's cool I'm not offended.

It's not £5. It's the difference between £15 or £6.50 ish.

Also I can hide increments of £7. I can't hide £15. Thats above radar spending. (I'm obviously over dramatising the situation for comedic effect).

I'm more raining in myself as it won't just be a drip tray this month. It's a co2 cannister £70. Beer and gas line. Co2 check valve.

I want to buy her a £400 mountain bike and take her out for a surprise birthday meal. What a hero.

dericboy1 said:
I recently bought one but didn't realise how small it was, I was expecting a large one like you get on a pub bar but when this arrived it was to small to collect drips from both taps. I paid £15 for it but would happily take £10 rather than chuck it in a cupboard and forget about it. It's 12x6.
6d9ab109-a345-4bbd.jpg

Brilliant! That's exactly what I'm after. PM sent.

A happy ending.

My tower has two taps straight off of it so that's the perfect size drip tray and the exact one I was after.

Where did you get your fridge and what did it cost, if you don't mind me asking.

I looked for ages and couldn't find any. My build is in progress, need gas etc but fitted the tower. It's grey though, i'd have much preferred silver.

Fridge was off eBay for£60 but not the first I bought. The first one was a little tight to get the two cornies in and damaged the thermostat beyond repair, in the house 3pm and down the tip by 4pm. Expensive mistake. Bought taps off eBay, one dirt cheap and the other silly price. All in all no change from £100 , could have done it cheaper but had a tax rebate so can sleep at night now.

Latest posts

Back