What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm drinking one of my bottles of RastafaRye, hoppy rye stout, it's in the completed recipe forum, while my brew cools.

Does it differ much from Black Sabbath? I have the grain in hand for it but don't want two kegs full of a v.similar beer at the same time.

Dads sent me a bottle - American brown. It's was bloody lovely. Even my chief taster thought it smelt and tasted lovely. Got me thinking of making my own brown ale. It went down a treat so now on Biere de grade from lidl then I have a bottle of my weissbier that the wife started

He's a bad man ( @Dads_Ale )! I loved it so much I went online and ordered the full extract kit and the cut down version (add your own Marris Otter). Delivered today. That's my Xmas house beer sorted :-)

He's a bad man ( @Dads_Ale )! I loved it so much I went online and ordered the full extract kit and the cut down version (add your own Marris Otter). Delivered today. That's my Xmas house beer sorted :-)

I only do AG but will also be buying this again, The use of extract seemed to really suit this style.
I am just finishing a pint of Black IPA.

Does it differ much from Black Sabbath? I have the grain in hand for it but don't want two kegs full of a v.similar beer at the same time.

Both very dark and roasty but Rasta has a big hop flavour while Sabbath has a strong peppery yeast flavour.

Youngs Double Choc Stout, would i open another bottle if i had one? no

Wilko Hoppy Copper, I know but mine turned out quite nice, Black Rock Whispering Wheat and a Coopers stout.........Guess who's got tomorrow off work?

Lemon wheat beer (Coopers wheat beer kit with better yeast and added lemon zest)

Making the most of unemployment, I went and had tea at Wetherspoons tonight. Had a pint of Butcombe Chinook, which was disappointing. How not to use Chinook hops. Some would call it balanced, I'd say insipid. Actually managed to disguise Chinook hops, which takes some doing.

HOWEVER!!! I then had a pint of Rooster's Nectar, a pale ale with Nelson Sauvin and Riwaka hops. As soon as I saw the word Riwaka I got all over excited. What a fantastic hop, I so wish you could buy it! I had to have another. I could very happily have finished the barrel and slept under a bench in Wetherspoons. I also had a pint of Strathaven Festival Ale, which was incredibly just as good. Columbus, Cascade, First Gold and Mount Hood hops. It was bloody lovely. Staggered home wondering if unemployment is going to ruin me. The outlook is worrying. :lol:

Making the most of unemployment, I went and had tea at Wetherspoons tonight. Had a pint of Butcombe Chinook, which was disappointing. How not to use Chinook hops. Some would call it balanced, I'd say insipid. Actually managed to disguise Chinook hops, which takes some doing.

HOWEVER!!! I then had a pint of Rooster's Nectar, a pale ale with Nelson Sauvin and Riwaka hops. As soon as I saw the word Riwaka I got all over excited. What a fantastic hop, I so wish you could buy it! I had to have another. I could very happily have finished the barrel and slept under a bench in Wetherspoons. I also had a pint of Strathaven Festival Ale, which was incredibly just as good. Columbus, Cascade, First Gold and Mount Hood hops. It was bloody lovely. Staggered home wondering if unemployment is going to ruin me. The outlook is worrying. :lol:

If you ever do find a source for riwaka hops I've got the perfect name for the beer you'd make - Clibit's Ruin :lol:

Seeing as you are talking hops,in ten minutes I'm mixing up a Wherry,now before you start,I have no grains,liquid malt extract,dried malt extract ,wheat,barley,flaked oats or any cereal,just a Wherry,500g of dextrose and the following hops.
150g of Falconers flight
50g of Citra
80g of Nelson Sauvin
Any ideas if any of these would go with this?
Ta

Desperados's and heineken.....cant be arsed going to shed

Seeing as you are talking hops,in ten minutes I'm mixing up a Wherry,now before you start,I have no grains,liquid malt extract,dried malt extract ,wheat,barley,flaked oats or any cereal,just a Wherry,500g of dextrose and the following hops.
150g of Falconers flight
50g of Citra
80g of Nelson Sauvin
Any ideas if any of these would go with this?
Ta

You have good taste in hops. I think Citra suit certain things, and this is not one of them, IMO. I'd use one of the other two. But I'd boil some of the Nelson i think, not just dry hop. Or you could just dry hop with the FF.

You can order them from New Zealand. Max 400 grams, NZ$35 plus NZ$17 postage (untracked). $52 for 400g. Which is about �£23... :smile:

Tracked postage is $40. Makes it �£33 total....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back