What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All Guinness tonight as it's 4 for £6 @Tesco.Having their Pale ale,Rye pale ale,Milk stout and West Indies Porter.Pale ale is ok,now onto the Rye....

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Just opened my keg of dark galleon & orange juice/peel. Not pressurised as much as I would have liked but matured very nicely.

A Coopers IPA with a North Down hop tea and dry hop, Windsor yeast and it's come in at 6.2%. Funny one carbing this one, first of all it didn't, moved it near a rad now I've got half done and half still doing.

_20171123_164710.jpg

What's in the Tropical Stout Chub?
Was a partial mash.Hops were challenger and then experimental hops from geterbrewed at 15,5mins and flame out plus a dry hop of the same hops.
Probably could have upped the flame out and dry hops however.

I just cracked the first bottle of the 1698 clone I brewed 4 weeks ago today. I was a bit apprehensive, as I thought I had overdone the chocolate malt and I am not generally a fan of dark ales, and it had a strong burnt taste when bottling, but after 2 weeks in the bottle it was superb, very smooth and malt focused. If I brewed this again, which seems fairly likely, I would reduce the chocky from 90 to 50 or 60 grams.
Cheers!:cheers:

Had a two pints of magic rocks cannonball in the pub after work. A FIKA from thornbridge (cold brew coffee stout) with my Friday takeaway curry. Now the kids are asleep, I've just popped this beauty open oude geuze boon black label oh my God this is amazing! Bone dry finish not to sour lovely fruity Aroma. I think I've found my desert island beer.

DSC_0819.jpg

Have a couple of pints of my festival ende our kit. Still nice but can tell the dry hops are fading.

Had a two pints of magic rocks cannonball in the pub after work. A FIKA from thornbridge (cold brew coffee stout) with my Friday takeaway curry. Now the kids are asleep, I've just popped this beauty open oude geuze boon black label oh my God this is amazing! Bone dry finish not to sour lovely fruity Aroma. I think I've found my desert island beer.

Good shout. I'm loving sour beers at the moment. Drinking a Rodenbach Grand Cru right now, had a Drei Fontein gueze last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good shout. I'm loving sour beers at the moment. Drinking a Rodenbach Grand Cru right now, had a Drei Fontein gueze last night.

Oh you jammy goit, Rodenbach GC is one of my all time favourites :mrgreen:

Oh you jammy goit, Rodenbach GC is one of my all time favourites :mrgreen:

It was my first one, and it will assuredly not be my last. It's sub-£3 in my local bottle shop which is dramatically cheaper than the lambics (not that it's all about price)

A cali common from the naughty box...still over carbed and a bit **** really....I will soldier on at a rate of 1 per week as I don't feel it's bad enough to tip.
How would I tell if this is "off"? It's a dull;hazy amber colour,brilliant head retention,a bit of a dank aroma and "flat" malty taste...it's drinkable but I either ballsed the recipe or I just don't like the style. I wasn't taken with sierra nevada come to think of it....

My saison version of Coopers Marilyn Secret and ticks all the boxes for me. Gobsmacked that I can brew in a pot in the corner of my kitchen something that good

A cali common from the naughty box...still over carbed and a bit **** really....I will soldier on at a rate of 1 per week as I don't feel it's bad enough to tip.
How would I tell if this is "off"? It's a dull;hazy amber colour,brilliant head retention,a bit of a dank aroma and "flat" malty taste...it's drinkable but I either ballsed the recipe or I just don't like the style. I wasn't taken with sierra nevada come to think of it....
I'm in the same boat. My Cali Common seems overly hoppy with the aroma & flavour both quite woody & not very pleasant. I'm putting mine down to an over adventurous first wort hop addition but it is very cloudy as well so I do wonder whether something else is wrong! It's been in the bottle a couple of months now so I don't think it's going to get much better!

I'm going to try a side by side with a bottle of Anchor Steam & see if that highlights any issues. Might be worth a go?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bishops Finger. Haven't had this in a while, it's a much nicer pint than I remember. Then its an Aldi / Marstons Wild Bill IPA followed by Aldi / Marstons Medusa.

Guess who went with the family to Aldi today then!

Getting stuck into the mini keg of John Bull IPA with citra dry hop that decided I was such a prat for putting the bung in upside down it wanted to escape.... it's pretty tasty but a bit under carbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back