What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a newcomer this is my first post to this thread. I'm finishing of the last of my Kiwi version of a English Best Bitter - a partial mash brew featuring local Gladfield malts and a selection of NZ hops - rakau & sticklebract.

That looks good! I brewed something similar once; a partial mash with Gladfield ale and toffee malt, late hopped with Motueka and NZ Goldings, fermented with Mangrove Jack's Newcastle Dark Ale yeast (now called Empire ale). It was a cracker.

Kegs. ...do read terrym guide to setting one up! Providing you do and get it right...dead easy on bottling day...90g of sugar and pipe it in...all done in 10 minutes!

Kegs. ...do read terrym guide to setting one up! Providing you do and get it right...dead easy on bottling day...90g of sugar and pipe it in...all done in 10 minutes!

Seen a few on sale down Morrison’s - £12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Smokey Bavarian style one I brewed last winter. Must do this one again.......and as a bonus, not many of my mates are keen to drink it..! Result..! :thumb:

1513967265511.jpg

Went out and tried some Framework beers tonight. First the IPA then a 7.8% NEPIA followed buy a dark ale. Brought back a millionaires salted caremel choc stout (drinkable but not overwhelmed). Had some Japanese lager (asahi), Elvis juice (love it) and now on a Korean lager called "Hite".

Went out and tried some Framework beers tonight. First the IPA then a 7.8% NEPIA followed buy a dark ale. Brought back a millionaires salted caremel choc stout (drinkable but not overwhelmed). Had some Japanese lager (asahi), Elvis juice (love it) and now on a Korean lager called "Hite".

Dunno about the Korean one, but the Japanese one - Asahi - is brewed in Faversham by Shepherd Neame. I've never tried it because of that. Did it have a strange background taste like all the other SN brews?...just curious.....:)

I used to drink Asahi in Japan so i thought i would buy a bottle for old times sake. I did not realise it was brewed in the UK. It was ok along with the Hite but i wont buy anymore. Best beer of the night by far was Life and Death. Last of the night was a Goose IPA which was horrible, i don't remember it being like that last time i had a bottle. If i brewed that it would be down the drain, maybe it had gone bad.

My first ever clone of a Fullers ESB brewed last spring. Mmmmmmmmm.....! Will have to make this again :thumb:
Might be the extra caramel in it, but I think I prefer this to the original
Cheers
:drunk:

1514054418351.jpg

Bottle of my centennial brown Ale from the recipe on here, lovely drop. Bottle of my zeitgeist clone which has got better with age, and a couple of bottles of my failed proper job clone, no overt hop flavour unlike the real thing, but it's turned out into a lovely English style pale ale which is a bonus:)

Well, it's 5:15pm on Christmas Eve here in Kiwi land, it's hot, sunny and definitely time for a brew or three... or four... :whistle:

This is actually my first attempt at a Dubbel, modeled on, though not intended as a clone, of a Leffe Brune. As it happens I was at a local Belgian Bar last night and sampled the Leffe Dark. The only difference I could really pick between my version and theirs is that mine is better! :D

It's a partial mash featuring a 2kg mash of Gladfield base malt - lager light, along with their shepherds delight, medium crystal and light chocolate malts - and hopped with Waimea. Fermented with Fermentis BE-256 Abbaye yeast.

41AZDia.jpg

Here in NZ in our timezone we're always first to see the new day, so cheers and have a great Christmas wherever in the world you are! :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

I had 3 last night:

Secret Santa swap - verdict and pics to go in Steve’s thread later

Lindemans Faro - This was my first non-fruit lambic. I believe the Faro is “back sweetened” with Candi sugar so thought it was a decent starting point before delving into unsweetened, unflavoured lambics. Enjoyed it, it was a little sweet but less cider-like than the only other non-fruit sour beer I’ve ever had (a Thronbridge one I had in the summer, didn’t enjoy it very much). It’s definitely made me want to try more lambic beers.

An early sampler of my less than 2 weeks in the bottle APA - I’ve put the rest in the shed to condition, out of sight out of mind. This is a triumph. The aroma is less than I’d hoped for (especially since I bought Simcoe specifically for the dry hop - otherwise it’s “single hop” Falconers Flight) but flavour wise is spot on what I had hoped - very hoppy but well balanced with a malty backbone from the Vienna and crystal.

I¨m drinking a LOVE BREWING Kentish Bitter its lovely .
I have a Muntons Smugglers Ale Fermenting and another Kentish Cabonating in Kegs and bottles.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year .
Keep Brewing

I'm settled for the evening and drinking one my beers: West coast IPA 8.1%, and chasing it with a generous glass of Laphroaig. Only had a couple and it's definitely warming my cockles.:party:
Merry Christmas everybody:cheers:

Tonight is a good night after spending the best part of the day with family-in-law, after having returned home to pop open an Mooie Nel Clone. Hopefully still as fresh as the first ones I tried.

I'm sure nothing can go wrong with this plan. At 12.30 on Christmas Day as the dinner is cooking I've cracked open the 9% ABV East v West RIS I won on @dad_of_jon latest competition. It's so tasty, a really complex beer with berry and fruit malt flavours and a hint of spicy/peppery character. Bravo sir and thanks for sending it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back