What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Trooper the iron maiden one? quite citrusy if I recall?:)

Yes, its my favourite Bargain Booze beer at the moment, i am working through their online list of beers 3 at a time. :lol: (3 for £5)

Don't click on the full size link this picture is huge.

trooper1.jpg

Yes, its my favourite Bargain Booze beer at the moment, i am working through their online list of beers 3 at a time. :lol: (3 for �£5)

maxresdefault.jpg
just as good as the album covers,

this seems to only sold in the morrisons near me, which they seem to be powerless compared to asda where they do 4 for a fiver! (except Old Toms)

just as good as the album covers,

this seems to only sold in the morrisons near me, which they seem to be powerless compared to asda where they do 4 for a fiver! (except Old Toms)

I edited my OP and changed the picture to this which is the same as the bottles i have -

trooper1.jpg

Just tapped my Saison (The Saison of Love). Not usually my style however had a few bottles in the past and damn! This thing is bang on! I gave wifey a taste then she asked to top it up full for her.

While cooking tea just kept hearing squeaks of how nice it was. This is a person who doesn't like the taste of beer. She's tried all my other beers I've done but she never has had a glass (now drinking her second)

now if my friend asks me to do a brew for their welcome drinks at their wedding. I have a beer for non and drinkers alike.

For my clunky brewdays I really keep surprising myself.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwZXrimPoJGbWTNVd2ZsdUU4QzQ/view?usp=drivesdk

What do people think of that banana bread beer? I tried it years and years back and there was a unanimous decision with everyone there that it was not great.. but I am probably guessing a lot of people like it..

I am about to open it, i never drink and use the forum as i would probably have to ban myself in the morning so i will let you know tomorrow. :thumb:

Last night I drank my Woodfordes kit Wherry then followed it with a genuine commercially made bottle of Woodfordes Wherry. Couldn't believe the difference! Kit version was darker and fuller bodied, more like Ruby Red, Real one was pale, thinner, gassier, but did have more citrusy notes. Most like a citrusy pale ale. Both good but completely different..!

Tonight, kits ales only. Nelsons Revenge, then Smugglers Special.

What do people think of that banana bread beer? I tried it years and years back and there was a unanimous decision with everyone there that it was not great.. but I am probably guessing a lot of people like it..

Spot on CR the Wells Banana Bread beer was not great and Mrs Tea said it was way too gassy, the Bishops finger on the other hand (no pun intended) was as good as i had expected (having read a few reviews) and like Trooper i will definitively be buying it again.

Trooper is £1.60 at Sainsburys atm. Thats 3 for £4.80, even less than a fiver.

I've just got back from holiday in Cornwall and brought back a 5lt glass demijohn with a swing top lid of cider at 7.4% ABV for £20 from Healeys Cyder Farm. That'll keep me going a few days before I use it as a FV for my first AG brew.

tonight I am drinking wilko hoppy copper that I dry hopped with challenger,found I wasn't that impressed so doctored the keg with lemongrass today,it be far better now

Nothing tonight all the beer has gone :-(

The Everards Tiger Ale 500ml and Bishops Finger Ale 500ml have been added to my "will buy again" list.

8737_151.jpg
5235_122.jpg

Tapped into a Chilli Pilsner MK this evening and it's maturing nicely. :thumb:

The chilli flavour has become a bit more pronounced but still lingers at the back of the mouth rather than on the tongue!

Weird? Dunno. Never made it before! :smile:

Tonight I had the Cloudwater DIPA V6 and the V7, side by side. There have the same grain and hop bill, differing only in the yeast used. V6 has the Wyeast Vermont strain, and V7 has the JW Lees strain. Of course they were very similar, but V6 just edged it for me, as it was slightly smoother. Yesterday I had Zoji by Track Brewing, which was a really top notch BIPA, one of my favourite styles, and is vying with Arcade Nation for my favourite commercial BIPA. I also had a Zintuki by Wild Beer Co, which was a perfectly acceptable sour beer but nothing special, I've certainly had better from them. Also on the sour front was Blue Sky Blue Sea by Siren, a brewery I really appreciate since trying their Calypso. It is a gose brewed with seaweed and cloudberries. I haven't tried a goze before, but really enjoyed the balance of salt, sour and fruitiness, so I hope to try some more traditional versions of the style. Also by Siren, I tried their Vermont Tea Party IPA, brewed with Earl Grey and lemon zest. This was a really stunning American style IPA, and has helped sure up my belief that Siren is one of the most innovative and ground-breaking breweries in the UK today. That is enough liver exercise for me tonight though, as tomorrow I'm going to London for a reunion, and managed to convince the group to meet at the Craft Beer Co for drinks before dinner.

Tonight I got my hands on Deviant Dales Imperial IPA by Oscar Blues. Sticky and full of Columbus, a delicious beer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Tonight I had the Cloudwater DIPA V6 and the V7, side by side. There have the same grain and hop bill, differing only in the yeast used. V6 has the Wyeast Vermont strain, and V7 has the JW Lees strain. Of course they were very similar, but V6 just edged it for me, as it was slightly smoother.

I had the Cloudwater V6 last week and it was fantastic, had it alongside Evil Twin Yang which was a little better I think, I really love that resiny hop flavour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back