What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just opened an English Pale Ale from an AG kit I got from HBC. It's only been in the bottle since the 16th so this is purely research you understand - cracking pint already, with a small head, nice lacing and a lovely hop twang. Oh, and a vodka or two...

A Deuchers IPA clone served via corny, Bag-in-a-box and beer engine. Not convinced (dispense not beer).
Also served a couple of pints via a John Smith Smooth Tap from the corny, not impressed with the pint of froth...

Ho Hum just have to drink it then :p

Just had a celt brewery la tene - super bitter at 3.5% and then one of my citra&junipers as we are off to the harvester rather than a wetherspoons to celebrate a family occasion and the beer on offer in harvesters is :sick:

I may even have a glass of wine instead :shock:

Just had a celt brewery la tene - super bitter at 3.5% and then one of my citra&junipers as we are off to the harvester rather than a wetherspoons to celebrate a family occasion and the beer on offer in harvesters is :sick:

I may even have a glass of wine instead :shock:

I'm sure they'll do a lovely cup of tea.

Drinking my Australian ale with honey. Ok pint but not enough honey but it's really smooth. ONLY issue is it's over primed and explodes out of the bottle so I have to open it into a jug and let it settle.

Got friends over this weekend so the homebrew stock will take an. Hammering

Drinking a brown porter what I made. Loads of flavour.

had a sierra nevada pale ale - meh! and then a glass of pinio grigio at the harvester.

have a bottle of we'll wheat again in the freezer for a quick chill :-)

Saw Brewdogs this is lager in morrisons the other day and not tried it before, so thought I'd give it a go. Wish I hadn't bothered. I assumed it would be along the lines of Adnams Dry Hopped, but no. If some one poured it in a glass and told me it was fosters, I don't think I would question it.

Sadly I have another 3 cans.

The excellent Williams Bros have trotted out a couple of these sub standard beers which have that "just get it out because the craft beer scene is exploding "feel.
Makes you wish you had just went to Lidl or B and M and spent a fiver on five experimental ales.
To be fair to Brewdog,their Punk IPA forgives a lot of sins.

Couple of coopers European lager then glass of red for me tonight. Mixing the grape and grain is asking for trouble!

Just opened an English Pale Ale from an AG kit I got from HBC. It's only been in the bottle since the 16th so this is purely research you understand - cracking pint already, with a small head, nice lacing and a lovely hop twang. Oh, and a vodka or two...

I would def consider getting one of their AG kits again, all I hear is good things about them (as well as my own evidence of course)

But yes in the name of research :drink:, I admit I struggle to wait 2 weeks after bottling to sample.

The excellent Williams Bros have trotted out a couple of these sub standard beers which have that "just get it out because the craft beer scene is exploding "feel.
Makes you wish you had just went to Lidl or B and M and spent a fiver on five experimental ales.
To be fair to Brewdog,their Punk IPA forgives a lot of sins.

I also bought a pack of the excellent Dead Pony Club, which I think is my favourite of theirs.

I can't make my mind up about Punk, I had a bottle in a restaurant the other day and thought 'wow', but it's also tasted distinctly average when I've got a bottle from the shops.

Maybe it's how fresh it is or how it's stored, or maybe it's because of what else I am drinking at the time (the wow bottle followed a pint of Coors. I know, but it was hot and the pub didn't have a great choice!).

I just tried shipyard American IPA from asda 4 for a fiver. A decent enough drink I may get some more soon. Also got a few in from the garage, mosaic pake ale and some citra as well.

2 sierra nevada pale ale 2 guinness west indies porter......and a few pints of stout when bottling ..oh and a saison.....gonna suffer in morning

As the weather has ruined my beer festival plans, I'm having a few at home instead. Just had a Greene King East Coast IPA, which is excellent and surprising from a **** brewery. Was in M&S yesterday and picked up a few beers, so I'll have a Mosaic, Jester and Boadicea I think.

Has anyone tried Fuller's Wild River? The good lady often brings home 'new' beers for me to try and I'd seen it in the shops before, but always overlooked it. Wow, it's good! Really hoppy and my kind of beer, shamed I'd ignored it.

one of my own nor seeing dubble & an orang, no tang - whoa.

my stocks can hold out for a few more weeks I think before I need to get the next brew on :-)

I would def consider getting one of their AG kits again, all I hear is good things about them (as well as my own evidence of course)

But yes in the name of research :drink:, I admit I struggle to wait 2 weeks after bottling to sample.

Two weeks to the day - it's a belter! Hoppy, citrusy and a bit of a kick. Whoever mixed this at HBC knows what they are doing. Good effort I say...

Had one of Manse's last night not long after the second...really liked the citrus flavour..... Now pouring foamy Stout from corny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back