What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a beer but, my first pint of my first turbo cider. I don't know what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting it to taste this nice.

Strawberry, kiwi and red grape. Get a real nice strawberry aftertaste. Also its lovely and fizzy which is a relief after my ginger beer turned out flat.

Cheers all! Love this hobby :)

WP_20161213_19_17_47_Pro.jpg

Not a beer but, my first pint of my first turbo cider. I don't know what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting it to taste this nice.

Strawberry, kiwi and red grape. Get a real nice strawberry aftertaste. Also its lovely and fizzy which is a relief after my ginger beer turned out flat.

Cheers all! Love this hobby :)

Love the label [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing tonight but last night, while watching the football, I had a Ghost Ship, a Victory Ale and an Old Empire.

Had pint of Woodfords Sundew out of the PB, just cracked a bottle of brewferm framboise thats been in the bottle since end of july and have a Ritchies simply lager in the fridge waiting this has been in the bottle since march/april time. Just a few quiet ones b4 tomorrows office xmas party :-/

Just cracked and admirals reserve bottled the end of September. ..clear as a bell and mighty tasty...huwb. ..just you behave at that office party..not for me unless it's just the lads and no bosses...seen some right kick offs over the years between employees and management. .too much ale,bosses who are bastards all year and think a drink makes up for it and dick heads full of drink..

Cheers

Clint

Just cracked and admirals reserve bottled the end of September. ..clear as a bell and mighty tasty...huwb. ..just you behave at that office party..not for me unless it's just the lads and no bosses...seen some right kick offs over the years between employees and management. .too much ale,bosses who are bastards all year and think a drink makes up for it and dick heads full of drink..

Cheers

Clint
Read your post and decided on Admirals Reserve for me tonight. Lovely, malty, full bodied brew. Going down a treat just now...:drink:

Just opened a Belgian ruby from some pack of Belgian ales I have had a while. Quite nice actually

Difficault to go wrong with anything Belgian, one of my favourites is Leffe Nectar. Trouble is, it's almost 3 quid a bottle in Morrisons

Well on wednesday I found** myself in thornbridges brewery a 15 min walk from bakewell.

me and mrs doj did the tour and had 6 x 1/2 pint tikkies between us. she had lord marples (ooh er missus) and I had Jaipur,halcyon,something forgettable,an 8% thingy,any another halcyon. I asked what the samples were so I could buy a different beer to try out as many as poss they were the ones on tap :doh: . but in the tour room they gave out the same damn bottle of 8% that i'd already bought. :doh: however mrs doj was incapable of drinking anymore so the 1 bottle between 2 was all mine :twisted:

Finally at the tour end a 750ml bottle of serpent was opened, now there were 6 of us on the tour , 2 were driving and the remainder only drank the small sample they had left so I had the difficult task of finishing the bottle off. It was a Belgian beer meets cider result with american bourbon. It was a superb niche style 17/20 easily but worth ��£15 a bottle? - A bit overpriced considering what ��£15 could get you in other niche areas.

So it was well worth a visit, made better by the fact neither of us was driving!

**it was no accident :-)

Well on wednesday I found** myself in thornbridges brewery a 15 min walk from bakewell.

me and mrs doj did the tour and had 6 x 1/2 pint tikkies between us. she had lord marples (ooh er missus) and I had Jaipur,halcyon,something forgettable,an 8% thingy,any another halcyon. I asked what the samples were so I could buy a different beer to try out as many as poss they were the ones on tap :doh: . but in the tour room they gave out the same damn bottle of 8% that i'd already bought. :doh: however mrs doj was incapable of drinking anymore so the 1 bottle between 2 was all mine :twisted:

Finally at the tour end a 750ml bottle of serpent was opened, now there were 6 of us on the tour , 2 were driving and the remainder only drank the small sample they had left so I had the difficult task of finishing the bottle off. It was a Belgian beer meets cider result with american bourbon. It was a superb niche style 17/20 easily but worth ��£15 a bottle? - A bit overpriced considering what ��£15 could get you in other niche areas.

So it was well worth a visit, made better by the fact neither of us was driving!

All good but what are you drinking tonight ???

my last summer blonde it was okay clean refreshing and a bit of sweetness from the EKG but overall was a tad blander than I would have liked, will revisit that recipe idea next year.

Then I am going into an american IPA and will probably finish with oatmeal stout

Hatherwood's green Gecko IPA from Liddle. Its ok but i prefer mine. Have some of their craft Lager to go next anmd thats really nice. Dry hopped.

I was in Lidl last weekend and picked up a couple of bottles of Hatherwood's Golden Goose. Sampled one tonight. At 89p a bottle it's not at all bad. Not the best beer I've ever had but perfectly drinkable.

Finally at the tour end a 750ml bottle of serpent was opened, now there were 6 of us on the tour , 2 were driving and the remainder only drank the small sample they had left so I had the difficult task of finishing the bottle off. It was a Belgian beer meets cider result with american bourbon. It was a superb niche style 17/20 easily but worth ���£15 a bottle? - A bit overpriced considering what ���£15 could get you in other niche areas.

I had the Serpent a couple of months back, very unusual but I thought it was superb. It was part of a tasting evening in a bar so luckily I didn't have to pay £15 for it, and I agree it is definitely overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back