What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not necessarily what I am brewing today - but tomorrow I have a Adnam Ghostship extract recipe put together from reading all the bits on this site and a YouTube video! So will see how it turns out.

It's a partial mash of the caramalt and crystal with a healthy dose of LME. Cannot wait to see how this one turns out.

If anyone fancies the recipe just let me know!

Please post it. Ghostship is a lovely ale though I suspect you'd need Adnams' own yeast to get really close.

Credit goes to LakeyblokeTV - recipe below. As I say, this hasn't been brewed yet. However, will do a full write up once I have bottled etc.

Interesting to get some feedback on the below. I managed to order this custom made from
The home brew company in Ireland, great service!

Hope the below is useful

120 g Rye Cara Malt crushed (steeped overnight)
120 g Crystal Malt crushed (steeped overnight)

2.5kg Dry Light Malt Extract

25g Chinook (14% AA) 60min Boil
40g Amarillo (9.2% AA) 10min Boil
45g Citra (14% AA) 1min Boil ( leave to steep for 30-45 mins)
50g Citra (14% AA) Dry Hop after 4 days of fermentation

Fermentis Safale S-04 (11.5g)

Currently brewing saison for the summer. It's a little bit involved as it contains 20% rye flour, and I want to have the beta-glucan rest. So, I must do a combination of infusion, decoction and direct heating to get all my mashes correct.

It's not necessarily what I am brewing today - but tomorrow I have a Adnam Ghostship extract recipe put together from reading all the bits on this site and a YouTube video! So will see how it turns out.

It's a partial mash of the caramalt and crystal with a healthy dose of LME. Cannot wait to see how this one turns out.

If anyone fancies the recipe just let me know!
keep us updated. Like the sound of that:)

Doing a flaked oat Stout with 15% RB. Unfortunately got a stuck mash and blocked the pump again. Sample tastes good but going to have to dilute this. 10% RB in the mash and 5% cold steeped. 20l split between WLP003 and WLP007. I will be mad if it does not hit 1010. :)

That's a really nice beer when its fresh. Any idea what IBU is it? I always end up doing IPA's.

Shall do the maths and keep you posted on the IBU. I will do a comparison thread this clone vs the real stuff and let you all know! I have got my grains steeping overnight ready for tomorrow brew day.

not today but yesterday
a wilko golden ale will dry hop with 40g ekg last 3 days
I be glad to get rid of these wilko kits got three more then I be back to ag again and my ace microbrewery

Busy weekend. Yesterday, I made my fifth batch of my JIPA, tuning it to get a good taste to abv mix.

Today, I've made my first ever Rye IPA and nearly finished the boil on a new Citra Pale Ale I've been planning for a while.

Just opened my keg of P-IPA I brewed last time.

Ah, lovely drop!

Gave the grainfather a rest today and brewed up a coopers A-ipa with cascade hop tea.
Did it with 1kg of DME and 200g brewing sugar CML US pale ale yeast, Brewed to 20L.
There'l be no waiting 6 weeks for this one, 3 weeks in primary then keg, carb, sup.

Busy weekend. Yesterday, I made my fifth batch of my JIPA, tuning it to get a good taste to abv mix.

Today, I've made my first ever Rye IPA and nearly finished the boil on a new Citra Pale Ale I've been planning for a while.

Just opened my keg of P-IPA I brewed last time.

Ah, lovely drop!

What's P-IPA?

Sneaked this in yesterday while SWMBO was out!

If I told her I was going to brew she'd tell me all the reasons why I shouldn't brew and what I should do instead. :nono:

brew 29 : ris-ky business II?

250g choc
250g roasted barley
250g aromatic
500g dark crystal
3kg medium dme
500g dwe
500g dark candi sugar

Using MJ's new world strong ale yeast

3 litres cs strike temp 73 for a 1:10 hour mash at 65

steeped 50g simcoe for 1 hour at flameout initially 80 degrees but down to 32 degrees. will remove hop bag on day 5.

og 1080c 21.5 litres

pitch at 32 degrees but quickly down to 25 degrees.

It's fermenting at 22 now. :)

Got given a tin of Porter malt extract for christmas. Decided to convert it into my version of a chocolate/vanilla porter last week. I also found half a tin of black treacle lurking at the back of my store cupboard. Added a few grains - Crystal, Chocolate and Biscuit 100g each. Hopped with Fuggles. Fermenting happily in brew fridge with second-use Shepherd Neame yeast.

Just discovered I forgot to add the treacle and the vanilla extract.....oh.... b0//0@ks..!

That helps explain why my SG was a bit low.....

Guess I'll add when I syphon into a clean FV on thursday

Memory's a wonderful thing - sometimes wish I had one..! :doh:

Made a pale ale with NZ hops. 19L

3kg Maris Otter
200g Crystal 40
50g Torrified Wheat

I have adjusted my hop schedule to take in to account for the fact I use the no chill method.

20g Hallertauer Leaf @ 40 Mins

20g Nelson Sauvin Pellets@ 5 mins

10g Nelson Sauvin Pellets@ FO
10g Motueka Pellets @ FO

Going to dry hop with 4 days left with 30g Motueka and 30g Nelson Sauvin Pellets

Looking forward to this one. OG was 1041 so I imagine around the 4% mark. I used a West Coast Ale Yeast.

Back