What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's a brew I would like to hear the finish verdict on ? 😲

Inspired by @Hoddy s excellent rosemary/simcoe pale - I've gone for a coriander/motueka combo.
The 1st attempt was a bit too light on the coriander - so I've added quite a bit more this time and hoping I haven't overdone it.
I'm always up for a bottle swap if you want to try this when its ready?

Inspired by @Hoddy s excellent rosemary/simcoe pale - I've gone for a coriander/motueka combo.
The 1st attempt was a bit too light on the coriander - so I've added quite a bit more this time and hoping I haven't overdone it.
I'm always up for a bottle swap if you want to try this when its ready?

Yep definitely up for that 👍

Loosely based on the GH recipe and using up the last of the base malt, plus a few other bags of various malts:

Maris Otter 4.4kg
Smoked malt 1kg
Chocolate 180g
Black Malt 185g
Carafa2 240g

Hops, also using open bags from the freezer:

Pekko pellets 17g @ First Wort
First Gold 20g @ 15m
First Gold 23g @ 5m

This went very well, with a suggested brewhouse efficiency of 70%, due to (I think) a long mashing in procedure - see David Heath's videos on U-Tube - and leaving very little liquid in the GF at the end of the transfer to FV.

This did not smell or taste particularly smokey, but when I added the sample jar to a pseudo lager (in a 330ml coke glass) it did taste quite good.

It's getting there won't be long now 😃

I hope the picture is attached if not I will have to do it via my laptop lol

20170708_142422.jpg

Today was another NEIPA style day.

I've varied the base malt recipe to try and increase the body and sweetness and then also lowered the mash temp profile a touch.

Water profile :
Mash ph 5.35
Alkalinity 20ppm
Ions 120ppm - 75% calc chl 25% gypsum

Hop combo is a new one for me can't wait to see how it pans out.

Mosaic
El-dorado
Azzaca
Equinox

Needless to say there was a healthy hop stand and the dry hop profile will be 3 days, 7 and then 10 starting from active fermentation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I too am brewing a Neipa tomorrow early morn
. Citra, Mosiac and Galaxy.
Was thinking Azacca next time myself, let me know how it turns out.\

No brew today, but did one on Monday, another batch of my Saison of Love (dry hopped with H. Blanc). It's been a real hit, gave a bottle from the last batch to my neaghbour as he 'caught me' cleaning my stuff outside and gave me that look of what the heck is all that! So explained to him that I brew my stuff and gave him a couple of bottles of some I had. he popped over last night and said he really enjoyed the saison and sounded pretty impressed.

The batch I did on Monday is especially for a wedding in August, an old uni friend of my wife. Bride & Groom having a 'DIY' wedding and suggest contributions of food/drink or the standard money for honeymoon. So I should have 17-18l or so of my saison to go. If it goes down as well as the other times I've brewed it, there could be a large number or happy/drunk people

Bottled my lager this morning then straight into a brew...
Single hop pale ale with ekg.
2kg maris otter
1 kg lager
325g carapils
1.5 coopers
Ekg as follows
52g @ start
25g @ 15
25g @ 5
50g @ flame out
Roughly based on the gh ...nice and easy
Going with CML US pale ale yeast..
All went to plan. ...target og 1050...got 1054
78.8% bhe..

A rye IPA with Columbus, mouteka and Amarillo, decided to take a break from the marathon of saisons ive brewed lately..

I've just tucked up a Styrian Goldings Best Bitter in my brew bag.

Normally I just use magnum as the bittering hops on my best bitter but having been flicking through BYOBRA, I noticed TT Landlord uses 50/50 EKG and S.Golding for the bittering addition. Seeing as I was making an SG bitter anyway I copied the Landlord bittering addition and did 50/50 EKG/SG to see if it makes any difference

It was going to be a Pliny the Elder clone, but I don't have any Centennial, decided I wanted something lower in ABV and also wanted to shorten the boil to 60 minutes. So it is now Pliny the Lightweight, a 6.2% American IPA using Columbus, Simcoe and Cascade, with a simple grist of Extra Pale Propino and Caramalt.

It was going to be a Pliny the Elder clone, but I don't have any Centennial, decided I wanted something lower in ABV and also wanted to shorten the boil to 60 minutes. So it is now Pliny the Lightweight, a 6.2% American IPA using Columbus, Simcoe and Cascade, with a simple grist of Extra Pale Propino and Caramalt.

Surely it would be called Pliny the Younger? :lol:

Back