What do you have for breakfast on Christmas Day?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cooked these today.
A slice of the pie on the right will be for brekky on the morning of the 25th :D
2010-12-15213155.jpg

The pie on the left is going to a party on Saturday :thumb:

Mmmm.... pie.

Christmas morning is never very lively, Boxing day is the one for the "brunching" at ours. Crispy bacon, bacon snakies, sausages, buttered muffins, cheese-topped crumpets, potato cakes, beans, mushrooms, fried tomatoes, black pudding, plenty of brown sauce, strong coffee and the wondering if every twinge is the start of a heart attack for the rest of the day. :D

Alestar said:
Boxing day is the one for the "brunching" at ours.

I think it must just be a Scarborough thing but Boxing Day is traditionally when the entire town hits the pubs. It's absolutely mental!

revived an old thread! does anyone have any different plans for xmas day brekky this year? i'll be on the stout and a roll n sausage methinks.

My daughter is in charge of breakfast, she will go overboard as usual, there will be croissants, fruit, champagne, and all sorts of other things I don't require first thing in the morning.

Just bring me a cup of tea.

A pint of whatever I have on while I am cooking the dinner (which this year will be a festive beef rogan, with rajma and aromatic pilau rice).

I'll be firing up my BBQ to cook the turkey so will probably throw some bacon and sausages on first for breakfast.
Nothing like thick bacon cooked over lumpwood and beech smoking woodchips.

Handily, my BBQ is right next to the shed where I keep my beer.....

not for breakfast but I have my orders to fire up the BBQ to cook a pork shoulder joint for christmas dinner :D :D

puravida said:
can;t beat pulled pork!!

mmm :thumb:

Stop it, carry on like that and I will need a little wee.

I have a plan to build a smoker, pizza oven and bbq for next year now that the brewing shed is built. I can't wait.

Smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and a glass of something bubbly :party:

We will probably start the day by taking it easy with some croissants, pain au chocolate and satsumas.

The smoked salmon and champagne is usually brought out around 11am.

aneray said:
puravida said:
can;t beat pulled pork!!

mmm :thumb:

Stop it, carry on like that and I will need a little wee.

I have a plan to build a smoker, pizza oven and bbq for next year now that the brewing shed is built. I can't wait.

A man after my own heart!!!!!! :D

Latest posts

Back