What flavours have you added at bottling

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gin to an ipa. still didn't get the result I wanted. A french beer at eurotunnel terminal in a 75cl bottle stunningly good years ago never seen since but sorely missed.

to stouts:
anisette
vanilla extract
tincture of white oak chips soaked in 18 year old rum
tincture of pb2 powder in vodka

out of the above,

the anisette was good but thinned the head
the vanilla ok but i should have used real vanilla bean in primary or something
the oak tincture came out the best
the pb2 was ok but killed the head

overall to me it wasnt worth the effort

i have added hop pellets to PET growlers with tee pieces and carb caps with decent results.

Passionfruit flavouring to a tropical pale, always went down well.
Tried a mix of peach and mango in the same base beer, which was good as well.

I bought some natural extracts a while ago and added mango and lychee to an APA which came out pretty good. I’ve also got a grapefruit one but I keep forgetting to use it.

Gin or flavouring?
Gin, I tried various amounts

1716024116659.png

Rum and Raisin to a stout.

Cacao nibs soaked in vodka to a stout.

Vanilla to a stout....

And something that I used a syringe to squirt in each bottle, have a feeling it didn't work out.

Not necessarily at bottling time but plum to porter, bourbon and oak to imperial stout, passion fruit to IPA, rose petals geranium leaves and lemon grass to IPA, hazelnut to stout, many flavours to cider, grapes and orange to saison, cherries to sour, raspberries to sour, …

I put passionfruit flavouring in an IPA and it was no good at all, threw the batch away and resolved to stick with fruit puree

Latest posts

Back