What is the best clone you have ever made?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys

My question to all you budding fermenters out there, is this.......WHAT HAS BEEN THE BEST CLONE ALE YOU HAVE EVER PRODUCED TO DATE?

All answers welcome :D:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only done a couple of clones and my favourite was the proper job clone from brewuk. Bottled it up and left it fir 4 months, drinking it now and lovely..

Mine has to be where I experimented and things turned out completely differently.

It was in the very early days of my AG brewing. I tried to make a spitfire clone but my marris otter was showing that the results would be too pale within Brewmate. So, not knowing what I was really doing, I added some black malt to the gris to darken up the colour.

1 month later, I was drinking the most beautiful Kentish smoky deep ruby ale! It tastes noting like Spitfire, but I have made about 250 pints of it so far and it is brilliant.

Badger golden glory from brew uk turned out realy nice i marked this 9/10 although i think badger have changed the brew to make it moor peachy!.

jaipur recipe adapted from from one the web and subsequently cocked up by me turned out great8.5/10

hop back summer lightning from GW book turned out good but not quite to my taste 6.5/10

yesterday i have made old perculier from GW book so i have to wait for the results on that one

done pleanty of kits,and adapted some with some stunning results.like wilko golden ale with dried elderflower 10/10

havent done a clone yet, have done a couple IPA's but not with any commercial beer in mind; just looked at various recipes on line and cobbled my own together with what I thought might be nice

And it was ! :grin:

I did a BrewUK Old Speckled Hen extract pack which turned out really well! Very similar to the real thing only slightly sweeter.

Clone's I'd LIKE to do (but can only find AG recipes for):

Cains Raisin Beer
Innis & Gunn (Original and Rum Cask)
Youngs Double Chocolate Stout (got an Easter Brew on the go - will see how that goes)
Joseph Holt - Two Hoots, Humdinger, Maple Moon
Wells Banana Bread Beer

Latest posts

Back