What Kind of FOOL am I.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snail59

Regular.
Reaction score
After a bit of forum surfing and reading about Vosseys' Purchases from Southern Temperature Sensors I clicked on a link to there E Bay Shop and had a look around. Found a lovely looking dial temp gauge with thermopocket and thought that is gonna look amazing on the front of my mash tun. So I purchased it on Wednesday and it arrived today (Friday) amazing fast turn round time and yes the gauge is beautiful. Problem is when you don't brew for a while you seem to forget vital information.

Fool.jpg

Vital information like we mash at 67 degrees and not 27 degrees DOH :oops: :oops: :oops:

BarnsleyBrewer said:
LoL, :rofl: back on fleabay Mick?? :D

Kev

No i'm going to fit it to the front of my beer fridge so I know my beer is always at the correct temperature. Oh and to remind me to think things through a little longer before clicking BUY IT NOW buttons :lol:

Dont worry, my brother bought a pair of trainers off of ebay, thought he had a bargain....They were kids hahaha!

Vossy1 said:
:rofl:
Can't you send it back and get a useful one, naturally you'd pay all the P+P but better than nowt :hmm:

It didn't cost the earth mate and it can be fitted to my beer storage fridge so I can get that set at the correct temp. So it will be used. I just don't know what I was thinking. I looked at it and thought it would be OK for a mash tun. It's not even like I didn't know it only went up to 40 before I clicked buy it now :oops:

:rofl: :rofl:
BarnsleyBrewer said:
SORTED :thumb:
snail1.jpg

Genius absolutely pure genius now why didn't I think of that.

Bru4u said:
or rig it up to your FV

:hmm: Now that's not a bad idea Bru. I know the temp of the air around the FV but not the actual temp of the fermenting brew. Good idea that man :thumb:

Latest posts

Back