What The Hell Are The Police Doing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But if he was placid and cooperative, then by taking him in you achieve all the things you point out, without arresting him. So, why did they HAVE to arrest him?

Just a quick request - can you stop putting words into my mouth, please, I have at no point suggested that the police should have done nothing, and said “Oh,that’s OK then, we’ll be off” or that 'the Police stopped arresting people where a killing had taken place'. I'm simply trying to ascertain if the was a legal reason that the police needed to arrest and detain him f he was being placid and cooperative.

Sorry if you felt I was putting words into your mouth - that was certainly not my intention.

It's all about opinions and that's what forums are for. I feel this whole situation has been well handled by the Police and CPS, but accept that others may see it differently.

Show me any news media that does not twist the truth or choose to sit on or release stories that fit their narrative?

Not actually possible, as the one news paper that actually tried to do this couldn't get enough readers to stay in circulation...

People don't want to read facts (I include myself in this, I am after all just about a person... lol), they want to read opinions that mirror their own, and make them feel validated in holding them. The more sensational and dramatic, the better. They ALL have a political bias, and a leaning to either left or right, and ALL set out to "distress and stir", just for different demographics. That's what sells papers, or gets incoming clicks and conversions.

Otherwise, this headline would be "police hold elderly man, to check he didn't actually murder a person who may or may not have attempted to burgle his home". But that headline doesn't get people setting up petitions, running crowd funding campaigns, or debating on home brewing fora... ;)

If that had been my fence i would have torn them down myself.

Tributes to a suspected burglar who was stabbed to death have been torn down.

Friends and family of Henry Vincent, 37, had tied floral tributes to a fence opposite a home in Hither Green, south-east London, where he was killed last week.

However, overnight the majority of the bouquets and balloons have been taken down and left on the pavement.

The homeowner Richard Osborn-Brooks, 78, was held on suspicion of murder, but released with no further action.

The Met Police says it has not taken down any of the tributes from the fence opposite Mr Osborn-Brooks's house.

Mr Vincent's cousin Phoebe Smith, 34, said whoever had torn down the flowers "should be ashamed of themselves".

"It's terrible, they don't understand that it's somebody's child. They're a memory of a son and a friend," she added.

She said Mr Vincent's family, understood to be from the travelling community, should be "allowed to lay flowers for Henry".

Saverimuthu Augustine, 78, said some of the tributes had been attached to his property.

He added: "I am annoyed they put them on my fence. I do not appreciate it.

"If it is a normal person it is different - it could have been my house [that was burgled]."

Read more - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43710526

_100778888_img_2431.jpg

I think there is an air of intimidation about those flowers, police should have nipped it in the bud.
But as always they can't be seen upsetting 'minorities', even if said minorities are a lawless bunch.

I think there is an air of intimidation about those flowers, police should have nipped it in the bud.
But as always they can't be seen upsetting 'minorities', even if said minorities are a lawless bunch.

The flower pun motif in that post is excellent.

No, no. A thorny issue like this is no place for puns

You are right and if it gets out of hand i will have to stem the flow. ;)

Last edited:
Look at the comments below the video :shock:
Liveleak's comments are not for the faint of heart. It certainty isn't YouTube but it is an interesting litmus test of opinions relating to current news..

I agree but if he had of stayed he would have lived in fear for the rest of his days.

True enough.
If he's got any sense., he'll rent somewhere for 8 or 9 months and then find somewhere permanent after people have forgotten his face.

It looks like the higher levels of the met Police have standards of morality and fairness almost as perverse and inverted as the travelers in question.

£100,000 on a funeral should spark a multi agency task force to look into what's going on with this group of criminals. Get warrants, go through everything and do them for everything from receiving stolen goods to tax avoidance and benefit fraud - and then use The Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 to strip their assets.

Latest posts

Back