Whats the longest you've waited before giving up on a wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GDog

Regular.
Reaction score
I've just tried my Blackberry/Elderberry (75%/25%) for the last time, I made it in December 2016. still tastes like grass.

My 100% Elderberry is even older, and I think the same may happen (I tried it a while ago, and it was vile)

Anyone wasted more time/effort than this? Could be my taste I guess, but its awful. Not off, tastes like wine, just bloody bad wine

No wonder I changed to kits

Al

My mate had an elderberry wine that was awful but after years it's fantastic. It's like a really nice port.

I've only had two 25l batches that I didn't bother bottling as they didn't taste good. One I kept in a pressure barrel and added two bottles of raspberry Lowicz and some citric acid, ended up with a nice 12% alcopop. The other was used for something that can't be mentioned on here ;), so nothing went to waste.

I also made a brexit brew. I got all my ingredient ideas from the ads on the side of busses as they said it would be cheep, easy and I'd save money.
As I was about making it I realised just how expensive it was going to be, also I really couldn't decide on a recipe and nearly three years later it's still not made. As I've decided this is what I'm going to make I can't change my mind now, even though I didn't realise at the time just what a bad idea it was! Or can I?

Last edited:
Back