Where to buy my initial setup kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't trying to pick holes in your plans, but if you've got the drainage and a water source it will make your brewing much easier. The easier it is, the more you'll enjoy it.

Tell me about it :-)

Found out I will have some access to running water last night. The lad who's house/garage it is has fitted an outside tap for me.
So now I need 50m of food grade hose.

Yeh, I'm checking those places too. £1 a meter seems about right. Just loathed to spend £50 on a length of hose pipe - I'm northern. I'm tight!

On the plus side, I just received 2 free 19kg calor propane bottles (empty). So that's a few quid saved.

Making some decent progress with my purchasing plans.

Trying to decide on the boiler - fancy something like this
http://www.brewuk.co.uk/32l-stainless-pan.html

Just wondered if there is a cheaper option, as this is only going to serve me until I make larger batches.

I looked at that pan and decided it wouldn't be big enough for 23l brews so it depends what brew length you're looking at. The home brew shop do a 50l one with tap and thermowell which I was going to go for, can't remember the price tho.

I'm probably going to be brewing very small batches for the next 6 months. 10L or so.

I won't be brewing to drink or supply - I'll be brewing just enough to provide a few samples to friends and family of each batch - 20 bottles should be plenty for that.

Back