Wherry hydrometer reading 1.014

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suffolk

Reaction score
Quick question :)
After a week of fermenting my Wherry hydrometer reading is down to 1.014, Not seen any bubbles today.
Is it fine to leave it another week, or would it be better to bottle it this weekend.

It'd be better to leave for another week, even if it has finished fermentation the yeast will spend the next week clearing up any undesirable flavours in the beer.

is it a muntons hydrometer? im on 1.014 for my current batch (4weeks in FV tomorrow) and my last batch ended with 1.014. .. im curious

I agree with the Doc here. Also, Wherry is a reasonably sweet beer IIRC and when I did it it finished at 1.012.

I have a tap to syphon off the beer so that should stop any risk of infection.
I will leave it another week
Thanks for the info

put this on today before I bottled my young's IPA. First time doin this kit, looking forward to the result.
I did it to about 21L, got 1.055? was hard to see past the foam.
Like Dutto says just leave it. ive learnt to (unless its a stuck 1) just leave beers alone, especially since I have plenty on the go now.

I know not to go by instructions but they do give an example of a FG with 1.013. That's a few units higher than most recommended.

Ive swapped the yeast for 2 packs of left over coopers, 14g get in!:mrgreen:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back