Which PID?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pid looks fine, but the temp sensor is a K type. You would be better with PT100. Also depending on the element you want to control the SSR could be a bit higher value. 40 amp would be better.

Hmm, good points Bob, thanks. Maybe it's best I source all the parts separately.

I got the auberins with ramp/soak for step mashes a couple of years ago, cost a small fortune but got delivered from US in 2 or 3 days and has so far been bulletproof

The one you linked to first from Sestos works well. It is an Auberins chinese clone.
I use this PID and SSR with a better quality PT100 bought separately from Southern temperature sensors - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Southern-Tempe ... ensors-Ltd

I would avoid other makes if you would need any assistance setting them up as most people who use them have either an Auberins or Sestos.
Others I have seen such as the Rex C-100 are best avoided as they are pretty poor quality.

Bought the following

ebay item 320869323753

I have also ordered a 1/4" BSP PT100 from MrLard so that it will go into the T for the sight glass.

The SSR is powering a single Backer 2400 element, i ended up adding a makeshift heatsink out of some aluminium and adding a 12v fan to the ssr input. So the fan only comes on when the SSR is being used.

Just remember to change the probe type from K-type to PT100.
I think the code for the PT100 probe on the Sestos is 21
Nice little PID.

Barry.

Thanks everyone, lots of things for me to think about. :thumb:

For once, I'm doing my research before starting a project, normally I just dive in and spend money on the wrong parts etc :lol:

Latest posts

Back